Suspension Clunk When Making Right Turns?

cdurbin

5 Year Member
Jul 27, 2012
North Charleston, SC
Hey guys,
Just wanted to get some ideas from you on a strange problem I'm having.
Whenever I make a right turn, there is a "clunk" that I can feel in the driver's front floor pan.
I recently installed lowering springs and CC plates but it was doing this before that.
I replaced the outer tie rod ends, ball joints, struts, and end links as well while I had it all apart.
I've jacked it up and tried to see if there is any lateral play in the wheel but it's nice and tight.
What else could it be? Control arm bushings, inner tie rod?

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Diagnosing front suspension clunks by Internet is nearly impossible. You will need to examine all moving parts. But I suspect you will need to especially check the a arm bushings. Google up to see how you will need to pry them and if they need to be loaded or unloaded.

As far as difficulty of diagnosing clunks in corners, I have one car that did this. They replaced all kinds of steering parts before I examined the radiator support bushings. I saw one was missing and the other was shot. The clunk was mostly gone and the sheet metal did not wiggle.

Here is a wild guess. Do you have subframe connectors? One end might not be welded and that would cause a clunk you could feel in the floor.