Clutch adjuster

blubullett

Jun 22, 2006
Modesto, CA
I currently have a steeda firewall adjuster, adjustable cable and quadrant. I will be swaping back to a stock ford cable this weekend but for the life of me I can't figure out how the firewall adjuster works. No matter if I screw it out or screw it in it doesn't seem to change where my clutch engages. I searched and read a bunch of threads but all I seem to find is people who don't agree on how it works.

Currently it engages about an inch or two from the floor. I would like it to engage further from the floor. What way should I screw the adjuster? Out or in?

Thanks for your help.

• Sponsors (?)

I currently have a steeda firewall adjuster, adjustable cable and quadrant. I will be swaping back to a stock ford cable this weekend but for the life of me I can't figure out how the firewall adjuster works. No matter if I screw it out or screw it in it doesn't seem to change where my clutch engages. I searched and read a bunch of threads but all I seem to find is people who don't agree on how it works.

Currently it engages about an inch or two from the floor. I would like it to engage further from the floor. What way should I screw the adjuster? Out or in?

Thanks for your help.

Screwing it out, away from the firewall, will make the clutch grab higher on the pedal