Clutch adjustment goes away after driving

For some reason I keep losing the my clutch adjustment after driving for a little bit. I can have it adjusted perfectly then I'll go drive it somewhere and when I try to drive it again its really hard to get in gear and the clutch grabs at the very bottom. It's almost like the cable is stretching out but I put a new one in along with a Zoom quadrant and it still does it. I'm tightening the jam nut on the end of the cable too so it can't be the nut coming loose. I'm to the point where I have to adjust my clutch after I get done driving it. What could be the problem? I don't have a FWA by the way. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

If the cable has an adjustment nut (as noted in the first post), it's not the OEM cable. It might be a Ford adjustable cable, but it's not OEM.

had a very simular problem back when i had a stock set up. it turned out the prev owner had snaped the screw in the bushing that holds it to the firewall and it would allow the cable to move around and continually go ojut of adjustment. fwa and a new blot solved the prob

If the cable has an adjustment nut (as noted in the first post), it's not the OEM cable. It might be a Ford adjustable cable, but it's not OEM.

X2 Adjustable cables are notoriously crappy and you can't have the quadrant you have without an aftermarket cable. To keep your quadrant, just get a FWA and an original style cable and you will no longer have the problem. Option two is to reinstall the factory self-adjusting quadrant with an OE cable. That will fix it as well. Here's a link to the right cable for you.

[/thread]