Clutch Adjustment

How does the stock clutch self adjuster work? Looking at it, it seems that the pawl should contact the quadrant and work its way from the end toward the middle as the clutch adjusts. My clutch engages right near the top and the pawl is at the end of the quadrant, as far from the cable hook as can be. Is the tooth on the pawl/quadrant bad or is it time for a new clutch?

• Sponsors (?)

If it is that far in then it is probably adjusted as far as possible. The stock adjustment is to push it to the floor then lift the back of the pedal with your toe. Where does it disengage now? Mine was at the floor practically so I had a clutch adjuster form UPR installed. All good now.

sounds like someone disconnected the clutch cable and allowed the slack to be taken up by the adjuster. This will happen if you have a clutch cable with the 2 nuts on the tranny end that allow adjustment.
You will need to first readjust the clutch, then push up on the spring loaded lock on the quadrant to rotate it back to the other end. you need to keep tension on the cable or else it will just snap back.

2 person job.

...if you do not have an adjustable cable as stated, and everything is stock, then you have some weird stuff happening.