Clutch/brake Mounting Bracket Broken 01 Gt

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by ford96gtconv, Jan 26, 2014.

1. ford96gtconv

ford96gtconv New Member

My 01 GT 5speed has issues, if you look me up about a year ago I replaced complete clutch to flywheel. I installed a pretty hefty clutch, I say its pretty tuff to press, and I'm a big dude. Over the last few weeks its feels like in the morning its really hard to press clutch pedal, I moved the seat up to press the crap out of it. It did seem to get a little easier going to work. Coming home yesterday was hard as hell again, the threaded shaft that both pedals go thru snapped right at the far right end where the Quadrant it, shaft snapped rite off. Any one have Ford service manuak or know how to get Clutch and brake bracket assy out????

2. Thatsweetstang

Thatsweetstang Active Member

It looks like just a few bolts. And removing some springs and the clutch quadrent. Look up mustang clutch pedal assembly on google images. Doesn't seem too bad.

3. flstang65

flstang65 Well-Known Member

It is a pretty easy and straight forward job. The only down side is if you are a larger guy, like me, anything under the dash is a pain in the ass. I would source out your replacement part from a junk yard. The last pedal set I bought from one down here was like $10 or $15.