clutch cable freeplay

DDSTANG94

Dec 9, 2006
FRASER, MICHIGAN
Ok I have had shifting problem in my T5 for quit some time now and im stumped cus its a new D&D rebuild. The problems started when my clutch cable started acting funny so I bought the MM kit..well that didnt relay help the problem. The trans would lock outta gears, and rack into 2nd, so i would try different engagement points because i thought the clutch wasn't fully releasing.. Recently i had it adjusted so far out that the clutch was slipping, and it shifted no better....

So yesterday i adjusted it so it engaged way low right off the floor, and IT ACTUALLY SHIFFTS BETTER!! So my question is, is there such a thing as not enough free play in the pedal causing poor shifting? I thought it was the other way around?

• Sponsors (?)

Ok I have had shifting problem in my T5 for quit some time now and im stumped cus its a new D&D rebuild. The problems started when my clutch cable started acting funny so I bought the MM kit..well that didnt relay help the problem. The trans would lock outta gears, and rack into 2nd, so i would try different engagement points because i thought the clutch wasn't fully releasing.. Recently i had it adjusted so far out that the clutch was slipping, and it shifted no better....

So yesterday i adjusted it so it engaged way low right off the floor, and IT ACTUALLY SHIFFTS BETTER!! So my question is, is there such a thing as not enough free play in the pedal causing poor shifting? I thought it was the other way around?
U would think with it engaging so close to the floor the clutch wouldn't release and b worse?

Sounds like you have some other issue. It's tough to overextend the stock set-up unless someone does something drastic.

If your PP is screwed up, this could cause something like you describe.

It's either a clutch issue or a trans issue. You've adjusted the clutch as best you can and every which way. It didnt help.

I dont know the history of the trans (I have seen the blurb in your sig for a long time). Maybe it does have an issue. Because you noted a difference in the way it shifted when you added freeplay, I thought it might be a PP issue (a trans issue might not change with a change in cable adjustment).

It's either a clutch issue or a trans issue. You've adjusted the clutch as best you can and every which way. It didnt help.

I dont know the history of the trans (I have seen the blurb in your sig for a long time). Maybe it does have an issue. Because you noted a difference in the way it shifted when you added freeplay, I thought it might be a PP issue (a trans issue might not change with a change in cable adjustment).

ok thanks

i guess im gunna have to get everthing yanked out ...again,...and see whats going on