Clutch Cable

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks...good writeup. its now added to my favorites.....Im trying to figure out why my clutch creaks and groans and is 10x too stiff. Based on that pic, I have the cable routed wrong (above the k-member) Hope this fixes it

Ok so I tried routing it like its shown in the pic and it made it even stiffer than it was before. Its definately in a bind the way its shown in that pic (under the k-member) After spending 30 mins under the car, the only way to route the cable is under the motor mount along side the oil pan....so now on to the clutch replacement and cable replacement (bout time for a new clutch anyway)

I have mine like yours - running under the mount and alongside the oil pan. Jeremy and I both think this is acceptable. With mine like that, no creaks or issues.

I dont suppose that while your had the cable detached but still routed how it was (to keep it in it's natural curvature), you ran it through its sheath to ensure it slides nice and smooth?

A new OEM-style cable is not a bad idea and is something I'd try myself. I dont like throwing money at parts, but 50 bucks spent on a cable is close to what a tow would cost if the cable broke (plus needing a cable on top of that). And it's nice to have a spare cable (your old one).

Good luck.