Clutch / Driveshaft With Centri Longevity?

usaf_branham

15 Year Member
Oct 30, 2008
Boston
I just ordered a beefcake special procharger H.O. kit w/ D1SC, Stg 2 IC, & Race BOV. I am also getting dss half-shafts, steeda sport springs, jack rails, bmr lockout kit, and ecoboost gauges. The car will still be on stock pirellis, and I wont be doing 4k drops at the dragstrip until I get a dss driveshaft, rxt clutch, sticky tires, and some more rear suspension upgrades.

So, being a purely street driven car with 3.73's and stock tires, how do you guys suppose the 2 piece driveshaft and stock clutch will hold up?

• Sponsors (?)

It should hold up just fine. The pirellis aren't very sticky. My car will spin second just by rolling into the throttle. The pirellis will be what allow the driveshaft not to break. Even with sticky tires it would be fine on the street as long as you aren't launching or flat shifting.

Thanks for the response. I may hold off on the rails, lockout kit, and gauges in order to get a clutch. I'll be less likely to catch **** for buying those items separately throughout the year. I would hate to have to explain a $1200 clutch in a few months. Next tax season I'll splurge on wheels, tires, and a one piece driveshaft then hit the strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's going to be a long wait! I take mine to the track with the stock clutch but I don't think it likes it you definitely can't power shift it on stock clutch too many times with that kind of power.

Yeah, the wait will suck... I already have to wait until August to install everything. With the hassle of the move and going to a new location, I have a feeling the time will go by pretty fast. Besides, I'm sure I'll be pretty content with it for the time being. I'll probably still make a couple of 'easy going' passes and pray nothing breaks... Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk