clutch feels like its slipping???

Lx89Stang05

Founding Member
Oct 18, 2002
S.E. Mass
i just did my 5spd swap and i have about 75 miles on the new TC clutch and the TC flywheel was just resufaced .020 was taken off. but i finally got on it good and it grabs good, but in 1st gear it seems as tho when i get to 4K rpm , the car doesnt pull steady it like slows down at that rpm, or could it be the knock sensor retarding the boost?? im running 15psi no intercooler, with the la3 brain. should i try to unplug the knock sensor and give it a run?? or could i be the clutch still breaking in?? :shrug: i know i shouldnt beat on the clutch this new but i only did it once.

• Sponsors (?)

It doesnt slip then cause the RPMs dont jump up, it seems like the timing is getting retarted by the comp, if i get on it the RPMs climb quick and at about 4k the RPMs start to slow down a bit not a real lot tho. The theres the big rear bang, i pretty sure it the exhaust when the motor twist it make the exhaust move a bang the frame rail realy hard. Plus if the rear made a bang as big as it is, i dont think the car is driveable.

Probably the KS then...unplug it...just listen for detonation (popcorn).

The banging is the driveshaft hitting the bottom of the car when the rear sags down on acceleration. You need to get a 5.0 style snubber bolted on there.

Stinger