Clutch for Daily Driver

97predator

Aug 18, 2003
va beach
So I had the long tubes installed, mid pipe, cat back, and 3.73's installed and guess waht... The clutch is slipping and the throwout bearing is squealing. Yes...

The car is driven every day and needs to be kosher in traffic and when the girlfriend takes the car for a spin. Right now I am choosing between:

Centerforce DF
Mcleod
Spec Stage 2
FRPP Clutch

:shrug:

Of the group which would be best for my situaion and mods? I like the price of the FRPP but don't know if that low price is for a reason...

I am also going to get a flywheel and am looking at the steel Fidanza or Spec clutch. The Fidanza is forged steel and the Spec is billet steel. Is there a signifigant difference? Or should I just get the nodular iron FRPP unit for 133$ and call it a day?

I am buying Friday when I get paid so any and all feedback is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I have had the king cobra and it is pretty heavy but not to bad, I currently have a mcleod twin disc clutch and no way would I suggest for a dd. I have heard many great things about the centerforce dfx clutch's and would suggest that or a spec stage 2:nice:

The King Cobra doesn't fit on my car, 10.5" vs. 11". Otherwise I would be considering it.

As of now I am leaning to the Centerforce DF or the 03-04 Cobra Clutch. As I understand it the clutch is an 11" unit but I have to get the flywheel to martch my car as it is 6 bolt and not an 8 liek the Terminators. If the Cobra clutch holds all the power the blower motor makes so I'm not losing anything by saving money vs. the DF right?

As far as flywheels, I think everyone has an opinion of steel vs. aluminum. I looekd on summit and the steel flywheel from FRPP is 27 lbs. while the nodular iron is 21 lbs. Is that right? For my application what flywheel should I be looking at or just go the iron route with basically the FRPP stock replacement?