Drivetrain Clutch Grab Not So Well

Looking at it will not tell you that the fly wheel is bad, since its apart you need to have it surfaced by a machine shop, that will guarantee it is flat. Replace the pilot bearing, and inspect your input shaft on the trans, that throwout bearing could make it chatter but chattering can cause other things to go wanky, the retainer on the front of the trans needs to be inspected, if its aluminium than replce it with a steel one, (t5), are you going to replace the clutch assmbly? It would be a good idea.

• Sponsors (?)

Looking at it will not tell you that the fly wheel is bad, since its apart you need to have it surfaced by a machine shop, that will guarantee it is flat. Replace the pilot bearing, and inspect your input shaft on the trans, that throwout bearing could make it chatter but chattering can cause other things to go wanky, the retainer on the front of the trans needs to be inspected, if its aluminium than replce it with a steel one, (t5), are you going to replace the clutch assmbly? It would be a good idea.
I am, along with pilot bearing and rear main seal. I can't believe the bread trick actually worked. I'll check out transmission tomorrow and find a machine shop.