clutch in /w 1 problem

surrett

Mar 5, 2007
cullman,AL
okay so considering it was my first time putting a clutch/pressure plate/rear main seal in its taken me a long 2 and a half weeks to do it by myself...and im allmost DONE....i just need to know how to hook my clutch cable back up real quick,. its an adjustable clutch cable...so i was wondering instead of me fighting the clutch fork forward....could i mabye loosen the cable some slip it threw the fork? or is there a easier way to do this i mean im gonna be honest guys im 5 foot 5 inches and i weigh in at 125 plbs soaken wet i cant put too much a$$ up on this fork....in other words i cant move it with a wrench....mabye is there somthing you can do to the cable under the dash that will make it easier. so what do ya think guys help this young stang crazy nut out one more time so i can drive my stang its killing me not to get to drive it....ohh ya buy the way i found out the shifter is a steeda tri-axl is that a good shifter?

• Sponsors (?)

The shifter is a good one.

For the cable, if you can loosen it, by all means do so! You'd have to readjust it for the new clutch anyhow. With any luck you will not have to do any prying on the fork to get the cable affixed to the fork.

Good luck.

I've had luck with clamping vise grips on to the fork and it pushes forward pretty easily. But one question, what took you 2 and a half weeks to do? I've done a trans swap in 3.5 hours.

problly same ol song and dance.....but i work 6am to 6pm 6 days a week and my 2 month old daughter....cant exactly come turn wrenchs with me lol...all in all it problly took me about 5 hours i just stretch'd it out of a period of time, plus first time pulling a tranny i dont exactly have all the best tools in the world, not exactly the best in the world at mechanic stuf