CLUTCH INSTALL (2004 SVT Cobra)

BlackenedSVT

Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
As the title says. I'm going to be installing my new Spec 3+ Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Lethal Performance TOB guide tube, and changing the input shaft to a Liberty 26 Spline Input Shaft, probably in a week or two.

My car currently has SLP Long Tube Headers and an SLP X-pipe installed.

I was wondering if anyone has done a clutch install on a terminator with LT headers. Do the headers have to off? If so do you have to drop the K-member again to get them out? Or can you snake one header off from one of the sides...??

I've done shorty headers on my old 2002 GT, and i removed the K-member to do them...would like to avoid doing that again on the cobra :)

Any and all input/help would be appreciated. Thanks guys. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Those spec 3's are supposed to grab really well, don't let people tell you that spec clutches are all crap, I have been very happy with my spec stg2...as long as you replace the flywheel in the process you will be fine.

I had a spec stage 2 on my 98 gt and It blow out after 7000 miles on it.:notnice: And yes its going to be a bitch to install that clutch b/c of the headers. You're going to have to drop the k-member to get at the bolt, but you do not have to remove the headers all the way.