Clutch Install

H What 4.6

Jul 29, 2005
I am going to be ordering a King Cobra Clutch ( originally was going to go SPEC 1 but ive read lots of bad reviews??....) but my question is if i will need to get the steeda firewall adjuster and quadrant etc. or if just the clutch kit will do? ....

• Sponsors (?)

The Spec has been fine by me except for the throw out bearing. The king Cobra should be just as good though.

My experience has been pretty good with the firewall adjuster and quadrant. Just make sure you replace the cable also since the old one has probably stetched a bit. OEM is just fine since there are a lot of issues with the adjustable cables. I broke one in less than a week.

You very well may want to look into purchasing a Firewall adjuster.

After installing a King Cobra (or similar) in a friend's 2000 GT, it needed some adjustment. There was a lot of slop in the pedal.

I am going to be ordering a King Cobra Clutch ( originally was going to go SPEC 1 but ive read lots of bad reviews??....) but my question is if i will need to get the steeda firewall adjuster and quadrant etc. or if just the clutch kit will do? ....

I replaced SPEC 1 with King Cobra a few months ago. POS SPEC 1 only last 50K miles of moderate driving. OEM clutch lasted 80K of much rougher driving and strip use. SPEC 1 TOB was gone too. Also, Kong Cobra has softer feel then SPEC 1. I didn't install firewall adjuster. OEM setup works just fine for me.