Clutch is gone...need a new one, suggestions?

JoeySperz

Founding Member
Sep 11, 2002
Mountainside, NJ
My current clutch setup is a SPEC Stage III disk/pressureplate with a stock fly wheel on my 2002 Mustang GT with the T3650 trans. Right now, my clutch is not disengaging at high RPM. I'll hold the pedal to the floor, and the clutch wont release unless the car is below 4500 rpm. It sounds like the pressure plate or throw out bearing, but im just going to go with a new kit.

Anyway, the supercharger is off (and sold) and my plans for the immediate future are a twin turbo set up with twin Garrett T3 turbos. I am looking for ~450 rwhp.

I did a search on here and a few other forums, and my immediate thoughts are to go with the Centerforce Dual Friction clutch. I looked at the King Cobra clutch, but if my understanding is correct, they do not make it for the T3650 trans.

I also tried calling the people from this thread, but I could not figure out the name of the clutch:

http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/index.php?topic=32711.0

Originally posted by turbo54
Call Pro Motion Performance Products: 954-771-5575 and ask for Walt...

He set me up with what I call the "magic" clutch...

According to them, it has light pedal feel, won't chatter, is good for 750hp on slicks, and will never wear out!

Haven't had it on slics, but it hangs on to a 625bhp/600btq NA 393 no problem, and has very light pedal feel, and doesn't chatter a bit.

I'd recommend it fo ****zle.

I do not want to spend more than ~$300, so please keep this in mind.

Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a Centerforce DF clutch on my mustang and I simply
love the pedal feel and the way it grabs. :nice:
If you are worried about the price I only payed 325 for my
Centerforce clutch and throwout bearing on Ebay shop around.