Clutch is gone...need suggestions

madmatt

Ellis Juan sympathizer
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2002
Lexington, SC
Well after owning the car for only about 5k miles, the clutch is gone. When we bought the car, they replaced the clutch for free. Well, since the day we picked it up, my dad has complained about a chatter in the clutch. Well, it is his thought that they didnt resurface the flywheel when they swapped the clutch...go figure right? Well, here we are, 9 months later, and my car jerks pretty violently whenever you start off. My dad drove it last night ( he was a mechanic for 15 or so years) and decided it was the clutch which I had already figured. So now it gets to go back to the shop, and I got to wondering, what if I paid them a little more money to put in the clutch I want. It just makes sense. I just wanna know if anyone has ever done this with warranty work and what clutch you recommend I get and what you recommend I stay away from. Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

i have a centerforce dual friction as well, and im happy with it. i put in a brand new flywheel at the same time too. i wanted to make sure everything was right since i was doing longtubes at the same time.

most places dont have the right machine to resurface a flywheel correctly. a lathe is not the right way. throw in a new clutch, new flywheel, and new throw out bearing all at the same time and be done with it.

Well the only thing is I dont know if the dealership is going to be very happy about putting in a different clutch then stock. Maybe Ill be able to talk them into doing it if I give them a couple extra bucks. :D Thanks for yalls help, Ive read some bad stuff about Spec lately, anyone care to chime in?