Clutch issues

mr.shovels

Apr 20, 2008
About two weeks ago my car while driving got to where the clutch was not disengaging. The clutch would not go all the way down to the floor. The car would also not shift. I was having to turn the car off at lights to be able to put it into first gear. So I parked it for a week. I start asking around, everyone says to push the clutch in and let it pop out. That it will re adjust the cable. It does not nothing. So yesterday I take it to the mechanic. He says the fingers on the clutch plate are messed up. The mechanic has taken the transmission out yet. He said the cable looks and feels fine. But the clutch is five months old. Three of those months it was driven twice a week. It is a Fidanza 2.1 clutch. What else could this be? Before I push the car off a cliff from frustration :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you didnt align the clutch properly before installing it. Also did you break it in a little before going WOT? Gotta bed it in a bit. When I pressed the pedal on the car yesterday it felt like the cable was binding. Mabey it was the TOB I was feeling. Also, how can he tell if the pressure plate is messed up without droping the trans? :scratch: