Clutch kits

RIO5.0

15 Year Member
Feb 16, 2001
N.H.
Looking for a replacement for my new motor... I came across this set-up... Anyone have any info on it?? Price is sweet for sure... I[m leaning towards the FRPP sets anyway and seen AFM makes this...

Anderson Ford Motorsport in developing the new Hi-Rev clutches has put some
of this technology into a new clutch.
The AFM Super King Cobra clutch has the same pedal pressure as
the FRPP King Cobra but will take 30% more horsepower.
Super King Cobra Kit $209.00

SuperKingCobra.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought a LUK pro-gold clutch kit from Bondurant cause they're cleaning out all their old mustang stuff, they're supposed to be similar to the king Cobras, anyone ever used one before? I can call and see if he still has any kits left if anyone is interested, $120 plus shipping(I just drove and picked mine up) It's a 5pc kit too, clutch, disc, tool, and both bearings :nice:

Luk is one of the better brands also... I was on this site and they sell these as well as Valeo whom I believe made ours. Luk makes Toyota's.
FORD MUSTANG CLUTCH KITS, FORD MUSTANG CLUTCHES

Put up link to that bad boy... 120.00 is a steal.

I just scored a CR racing / Visteon radiator for our years for 211.00 shipped as mines been leaking and the new motors a 347 so i want that fixed... These guys due alot of Nascar teams stuff... this was a 799.00 retail part and these guys are unloading them...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0149865254&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=

Thanks Hef... at the moment that web's acting gay and won't let me in...:nonono:

Kami... If you can make a call and get a set for me I'll send you a Postal M.O. for all costs... No problem otherwise..
If Bondarants running those in his track cars you know your good to go... :nice:

Astro had SKC clutches (Valeo) for 180 or so (plus shipping) as I recall. They should have your pivot too.

My SKC requires too much pedal effort for my tastes (it feels like the HD clutch in the fox).

MM cable is outstanding. Closest feel to hydraulic you can get.

Kami... If you can make a call and get a set for me I'll send you a Postal M.O. for all costs... No problem otherwise..
If Bondarants running those in his track cars you know your good to go... :nice:

No problem, I'll dig up the number and call tomorrow to make sure he still has some, I don't think the shop is open on Sunday

Slick... I just spoke with Mickey.. A guys supposed to pick the last one up tonite...If he don't show it's mine and he'll ship it to boot...:nice:.

Thanks for the hook-up... thats a primo deal... :hail2: :hail2:

Makes your wonder what else they have for inventory their dumping? Thanks again for the hook-up... 100.00 ... I bout chit when he said that... That kits this side of 3 bills....:nice:

I used to have a King Cobra in one of my other stangs way back in the day, and loved it. It's a great clutch. Now I have stepped into the SPEC world to keep it together on the track. I am currently running a SPEC 4+. It's expensive, but a good choice if you want to run slicks in the future.

Kurt

Yeah, I'm supposed to give him a call this week and see if he had time to dig up any other spare parts they had laying around, shocks, struts, etc.....If I come across anything else I'll let everyone know

Called up Mickey today and that dude picked up the last set....:mad:

Appreciate you going outta your way and making that call to set things up.... You the man.. Thanks ....:nice: