Clutch noise... little help please.

Badlilstang

Founding Member
Feb 21, 2001
Spring , Texas
This is not the normal noise I would associate with a throw out bearing... it only happens during take off and I have not yet been able to duplicate the noise while sitting still disengaging and engaging the clutch. It normally happens when I ride the clutch a bit and sometimes even when im not. It reminds me of a squeel but low pithed kinda like a basset hound when its barking.. Im thinking it might be the clutch disk but Ive never heard of one making a noise like this. If the clutch is full engaged or disengaged there is no noise at all and it does not make this noise every time I take off but has gotten worse the last day or so.. This noise is not a shutter as the clutch seems to still hit hard even going into 4th... Its a stage 2 spec kevlar disk and the pressure plate has the lightweight option... any ideas??? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

ka0tyk said:
if its a howling most likely its the pilot bearing...

But it only does it when I slip the clutch... and only with the car moving.. you would think if it was the pilot bearing I could create the same noise with the car sitting still and just pressing the clutch in and out.