Clutch Pedal/Cable/Fork Noise Only With Engine Running

cjcoburn

Aug 25, 2011
Denver, CO
What are some thoughts on this (like which parts are going)?

When my engine is running and I press my clutch there is a creak/squeek sound. It seems to be coming from the shift fork area and the top of the clutch pedal. If the engine is off, pressing the clutch pedal doesn't makes any noise. There aren't any other noises from the clutch when the engine is running.

Even though this is my first real car the clutch feels heavier than I expected and a bit vague when letting it out.

My Mustang is a 1999 GT with 141,000 on it. It's made this sound since I bought it 8 months ago (134,000 miles).

I look forward to any help -thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Alright...thanks. No surprise to you guys that that's what a lot people have been saying. What I don't quite understand though is how having the bearing spinning (when the engine is running) can cause this noise when the clutch pedal is moving.

I'm hoping to actually dig into this before too long and see what all is going on. I expect to learn a few things. :)

Since the effort to install a TOB is nearly as much as installing a whole new clutch/PP and all, you should go ahead and just replace all of it, especially if it's still stock. And just go with a stock replacement...unless you have big plans.

Since the effort to install a TOB is nearly as much as installing a whole new clutch/PP and all, you should go ahead and just replace all of it, especially if it's still stock. And just go with a stock replacement...unless you have big plans.
That sure makes sense to me - replace everything since I'm in there anyhow. I never seriously though about going stock on replacement parts, but since I don't have big plans for the car that does make good sense. Thanks.