Clutch pedal take-up gets sticky once the tranny gets warm???

BMan5150

Founding Member
Feb 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
After I drive my car for a while (tremec 3650), I noticed that the clutch pedal gets a little notchy/sticky when I release the clutch pedal. It's very sporadic, and when I put the clutch in neutral, it seems to go away. Could this problem be at all related to the throw-out bearing? I've never lubricated the t/o bearing like many others have, and I do get t/o bearing whine when I'm in neutral with the clutch pedal out. My car has 19K miles.

• Sponsors (?)

BMan, I had the same problem you are having, though you say your car has only 19k miles...do you race your GT?..ie drop your clutch or anything like that? That mileage sounds kinda low for one to go so soon. I just got done swapping my clutch out and after inspecting the TO bearing it was excessivly worn. My advice get a clutch kit and swap it out.

I do make about 14-18 1/4 mile runs each year at the strip, but other than that I'm not all that hard on it since it's my daily driver and I don't street race. It's funny though, it must be related somehow to heat as I have not had this problem in the winter - only in the summer. Strange.

Thanks for the advice though . . . i'll swap my T/O bearing when I replace my clutch in the future. However, I will also try to lube the t/o bearing a little this summer to see if it helps.

BMan5150 said:
I do make about 14-18 1/4 mile runs each year at the strip, but other than that I'm not all that hard on it since it's my daily driver and I don't street race. It's funny though, it must be related somehow to heat as I have not had this problem in the winter - only in the summer. Strange.

Thanks for the advice though . . . i'll swap my T/O bearing when I replace my clutch in the future. However, I will also try to lube the t/o bearing a little this summer to see if it helps.

Glad to help BMan, I hope everything works out for you. :flag: