Clutch Pedal Vibration!

smkshw

5 Year Member
Feb 12, 2010
my clutch pedal vibrates while driving,i can actualy feel it through the floor boards and gas pedal also,its slight but its there,also it gets worse with higher revs,if i rest my foot on the clutch pedal just enough it goes away?..new act clutch and pressure plate,throw out bearing,clutch cable,and tko 600,to me it feels like the throw out bearing or clutch fork is rattling?,clutch works and seems fine otherwise?,i just noticed it a few days ago,has about 1200k on new tranny and clutch.

if anyone has experience with this give me some input,im a little worried that the tranny may have to come out!

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Try adjusting the cable ..tightening it should stop the rattle and vibration.
i tightened the cable,made it have no slack and it was grabbing almost all the way at the top,still there!,i can actually hear and feel it also??....what do you guys thing i have going on here???

I had a similar issue when the car was stock. Was missing a pressure plate bolt and it was sitting uneven causing this issue. After i did the clutch and new flywheel it was gone. Maybe the throw out bearing is no good? What cable set up you running? I perfer max motorsports over everything

I had a similar issue when the car was stock. Was missing a pressure plate bolt and it was sitting uneven causing this issue. After i did the clutch and new flywheel it was gone. Maybe the throw out bearing is no good? What cable set up you running? I perfer max motorsports over everything

ya it has to be the throw out bearing makin the noise,or the clutch fork,but its new?,and i torqued the pressure plate to spec?,it completley goes away when i put a little pressure on the pedal?,but it is actualy loud if i didnt have my exshaust,has me a little worried?,i have a bbk adjustable,first time i had this issue.

Take off the inspection cover and drive without it and see if you can still hear the sound..if there is no more noise. The clutch fork is hitting the inspection cover..i had this problem before. Just loosen the cable enough so you can move the fork up a little and then tighten the cable back up.

Take off the inspection cover and drive without it and see if you can still hear the sound..if there is no more noise. The clutch fork is hitting the inspection cover..i had this problem before. Just loosen the cable enough so you can move the fork up a little and then tighten the cable back up.
took it off,still there!,i realy hope i dont have to take the tranny out again!

ok,so i took cover off,ran it,and i c the clutch fork bouncing around like crazy?,so i tightened the cable until it stopped visibly shaking,made it much better,its still vibrating and making a slight noise though?,could i have a pressure plate or throw out bearing issue?,bunk new parts maybe?....im at a loss here boys?

Are you sure the fork was put on the pivot stud properly? I had a similar problem. Bad clutch pedal/fork vibration. Turns out the y-shaped clip that fits on the clutch fork pivot stud was broken. http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-7548A/84-04-Mustang-Clutch-Throwout-Release-Bearing shows how it goes together. If the fork isn't on the pivot stud correctly or the TO bearing isn't under the spring the right way you will have problems. My car shifted great in all gears at all rpms, it just made that wicked rattling noise and vibration.

Are you sure the fork was put on the pivot stud properly? I had a similar problem. Bad clutch pedal/fork vibration. Turns out the y-shaped clip that fits on the clutch fork pivot stud was broken. http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-7548A/84-04-Mustang-Clutch-Throwout-Release-Bearing shows how it goes together. If the fork isn't on the pivot stud correctly or the TO bearing isn't under the spring the right way you will have problems. My car shifted great in all gears at all rpms, it just made that wicked rattling noise and vibration.
when i was under there i loosened the cable off completely and checked the arm and it "seemed" fine,while running once it touches the flywheel then the vibration starts,i did it by hand and you can feel it,either way i think i have to take the tranny out to find out,not happy if i have too.

Well the only other thing i think it could be is the clutch fork pivot ball is adjusted/tighten too far in. This would cause the clutch fork and throw out bearing to rattle because there's not enough tension. If you adjust the pivot stud out ..when you tighten the cable ..it would move the throw out bearing /fork forward and it put the right amount of tension on everything and the noise would stop plus you would not have to tighten the cable so tight.

Well the only other thing i think it could be is the clutch fork pivot ball is adjusted/tighten too far in. This would cause the clutch fork and throw out bearing to rattle because there's not enough tension. If you adjust the pivot stud out ..when you tighten the cable ..it would move the throw out bearing /fork forward and it put the right amount of tension on everything and the noise would stop plus you would not have to tighten the cable so tight.
iirc the stock pivot isn't adjustable it just goes until it's tight

I was thinking he had an adjustable pivot stud since he's has a tko 600 ..but maybe if he has the stock one ..he may need an adjustable one.
no,it just screwed in...good thought though thanks,when i adjust it to where i like it,it has a little free play on the pedal,and grabs just before the middle,pedal feel is good for a heavy duty clutch,but i have to tighten it up to where it grabs almost at the top with no free play and it helps but still there....i have no answer exept change everything?!!,maybe flywheel?,could that be a possible cause also?

When switching to a tko 600 you will an adjustable pivot stud. The stud is longer than stock and it will keep the fork from moving down and rattling and when adjusted correctly it will keep the right amount of tension on the bearing. I don't think it's your clutch.. but if you are using the stock replacement fork then you will need an adjustable pivot ball/stud.

When switching to a tko 600 you will an adjustable pivot stud. The stud is longer than stock and it will keep the fork from moving down and rattling and when adjusted correctly it will keep the right amount of tension on the bearing. I don't think it's your clutch.. but if you are using the stock replacement fork then you will need an adjustable pivot ball/stud.
well i have to look into that?first i herd of it?,i just put the supplied stud on.

You still can use the stock pivot ball stud but it will have to be loosen about an one inch to get the correct tension needed on the throwout bearing and the fork. But ether way you will have to take your trans back out to do this..but it would give you a chance to look at everything.

You still can use the stock pivot ball stud but it will have to be loosen about an one inch to get the correct tension needed on the throwout bearing and the fork. But ether way you will have to take your trans back out to do this..but it would give you a chance to look at everything.
thanks for input,man this is a bummer!,was running and working perfectly,i have a month left for insurance,i know i shouldnt but im thinking of riding out until then!?!?