Clutch Peddal Issues

Exile918

Oct 16, 2014
Seems like i have maybe a hydrolic issues not really sure. Basically the clutch seems to shift fine at first 10 to 15 minutes of driving. Get alot worst when the weather is hot. The clutxh engagement is just not consistent after stop n go traffic. The clutch kit i have on was installed last year and everything was blead properly i guess.. Not sure if its the fluid or maybe even the clutch master. Anyone help!

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you have air in the system. If you're not losing clutch fluid, rebleeding the system should solve the problem. If you ARE losing clutch fluid, the problem could either be a bad master cylinder or bad slave.

Sounds like you have air in the system. If you're not losing clutch fluid, rebleeding the system should solve the problem. If you ARE losing clutch fluid, the problem could either be a bad master cylinder or bad slave.
Ive tried remivibg any possible are with a vacuum pump just how for suggested and it really didnt make a difference. I applyed i think 20 lbs of vacuum for about a minute or so and repeated it several times and did nothing. Theres not hydrolic leak im even thinking its the hydrolic line going to the slave thats causing it or maybe the clutxh fluud itself. How shoulf i rebleed it?

Sounds like you've done everything possible to bleed the system. Have you upgraded the line to a braided steel unit or do you still have the stock plastic unit? The latter will age and become brittle so I'd strongly recommend the upgrade, and use Motorcraft DOT3 brake fluid.

I have the plastic unit and i put it in the car used. My car was an auto and my pops and i made it manual. the guy who sold me the tranny threw in the line so i just used it. I shouldve put in a new one my mistake. It pretty much boils down to either the hydrolic line or the master or the fluid. I looked up the braided line ur talking about and found one from sr performance thats reasonably priced so im gonna do that and change out that brake fluid cus car has 80k and it has never been changed. I hope i can fix it cus its getting pretty frustrating after a good drive and going from light to light the clutch becomes hard to engage.. Not smooth at all and shifting gets notchy and clutch engages pretty close to the floor.

So on ur gt the clutch engagement is consistent all the time? For example on every stop light no matter the weather or how long and how hard you drive it the clutch feels and operates smooth all the time??

I looked up the braided line ur talking about and found one from sr performance thats reasonably priced so im gonna do that and change out that brake fluid cus car has 80k and it has never been changed.

Well 80k miles on the same clutch fluid certainly isn't going to help. The fluid is hydroscopic (absorbs water vapor) and with that many miles it will have broken down.

Well 80k miles on the same clutch fluid certainly isn't going to help. The fluid is hydroscopic (absorbs water vapor) and with that many miles it will have broken down.
Just got through installing the steel braided clutch line went and flushed the old brake fluid and bleeded the clutch. Took about 45 minutes peddal got hard and took it for a drive. It felt going through the gears alot better but my gripe is that its engaging pretty low still. Ive been driving my brothers 1994 wrangler and the clutch engagement when im taking off in first is just very smooth to the point that its so easy and enjoyable. How will you know that the clutch is completely bleeded? I mean could it be that i have to remove the reservoir cap and keep pumping the clutch even tho its already working? My clutch feels almost like a on or off deal where the second i start releasing the clutch its grabbing and then theres no easing off the clutch peddal or any travel tho engage and take off smoothly if this makes sense? The peddal feels firm but the play at the top of the peddal is still there..