Progress Thread Clutch Problems

• Sponsors (?)

Did you adjust the adjuster properly. I usually tie a string or wire to the plastic hooked part of the factory quadrant... Then I reach up and push up on the triangle part pulling the string and tying it off on the steering wheel. Then let the triangle part go and untie it. That will set the adjuster tighter.

Make sure the cable doesn't come loose while you do this.

The plastic stock quadrant is a known failure point. When they skip teeth they're usually done.

You push the pedal one day.....hear the crunch of stripping plastic gear teeth...then " BAM " foot is on the floor....and the clutch won't disengage. At that point there's no fixing it.

I had to drive from the Georgia South Carolina line all the way back to Maryland without a clutch because of one.

I highly recommend buying an aluminum clutch quadrant and a firewall adjuster. Any brand is better than the stock POS.

Maximum motorsports kit is by far the best. I've used a lot of different combos (bbk, etc) and the maximum was by far the most superior.

Also, most aftermarket cables are prone to break (I've broke 3-4 at least myself). The MM kit uses a stock cable and properly ramped quadrant and a very nice firewall adjuster.

Good luck.