Clutch quad and firewall adjuster

• Sponsors (?)

bullitt 736 said:
Any links or tech articles for quadrant and adjuster installation available. Any help appreciated. 2001 GT 4.6L SOHC.
What are you problems are you having installing them. It is a pretty strait foward installation. The only thing I found out of the ordinary is I went and bought some nylon bushings to keep the quadrant from moving left to right on the shaft. The firewall adjuster replaces the rubber piece in the firewall on the exterior side in the engine compartment. You will need to take off the stock rubber one and replace it with the adjustable one. It will screw in using one of the screws. The quadrant is held on by a couple of clips pull them off and then work the quadrant off and also the smaller plastic piece behind the quadrant with the teeth. Slip on the bushings and then the quadrant and then the next bushing put the retainer clip on again and adjust the the clutch as neccesary. It may sound a little confusing now but once you dig into it it will make sense

Mike

claytucc3 said:
What are you problems are you having installing them. It is a pretty strait foward installation. The only thing I found out of the ordinary is I went and bought some nylon bushings to keep the quadrant from moving left to right on the shaft. The firewall adjuster replaces the rubber piece in the firewall on the exterior side in the engine compartment. You will need to take off the stock rubber one and replace it with the adjustable one. It will screw in using one of the screws. The quadrant is held on by a couple of clips pull them off and then work the quadrant off and also the smaller plastic piece behind the quadrant with the teeth. Slip on the bushings and then the quadrant and then the next bushing put the retainer clip on again and adjust the the clutch as neccesary. It may sound a little confusing now but once you dig into it it will make sense

Mike

No problems (yet). I'm sure it is pretty straight but anytime I can look at pics BEFORE I dig in it helps. Your tip about the bushings is noted. I plan on looking at the UPR quandrant and adjuster. Are these any better, worse or about the same as the Steeda?

Thanks for the replies.

I have the UPR and it is awsome quality. I also love Steeda products I use both. With solid pieces of like the quadrant and firewall adjuster there isn't going to be much difference. All of my important or moving parts I go with steeda like suspension timing adjuster and stuff like that. UPR stuff prob is same or at least very close quality but steeda has an awsome rep.

claytucc3 said:
I have the UPR and it is awsome quality. I also love Steeda products I use both. With solid pieces of like the quadrant and firewall adjuster there isn't going to be much difference. All of my important or moving parts I go with steeda like suspension timing adjuster and stuff like that. UPR stuff prob is same or at least very close quality but steeda has an awsome rep.

Great to hear. Just bought the Steeda adjuster and quadrant an hour ago.