Clutch question

Ok I find myself posting more post about problems now instead of what wheels and what color kind of post. Guess it comes with age of the Fox. :rolleyes:

Anyway clutch has been replaced with a clutch from 50resto. It was no special clutch that was installed. I told them I just wanted a clutch close to same of the O.E. I have no need for some souped up clutch. Anyway that was over a year ago we installed it. Seemed to work just fine. I still am having the release bearing issues going out about every 10k miles or so. Seems like less. Well I finally talked with a bud that has a shop and he said that he ran into the same issue on another fox years ago and after removing the trans 3 times, he finally started thinking that something else has to be causing the bearing issue. He replaced the clutch cable and problem solved. He stated the cable was stretched and causing the issue. So I replaced the cable, and cable only. Noise went away for the most part, but I noticed that my clutch was harder to press. So hard that after a week my foot was starting to hurt. SO I ordered another cable and replaced it thinking it may be a bad cable. When I got the cable out the 1st time (original) It looked like there almost was like lithium grease on it when you moved it in and out of the sleeve. The new did not. I was told you do not need to lube the cable. Anyway I did not. Back to the hard pedal now. I removed the new one and replaced with another. When we took the new one back out, it almost looked like it had a kink in it slightly. SO I was like cool. Installed the other new one and the pedal felt much better. Now after a week of driving , it seems like the pedal once again is hard...... WTH. One person said to order another cable and lube it with lithium grease real good and then install???

Any thoughts on this? Thanks folks.

• Sponsors (?)

UH I just ordered a cable from Parks Auto. Aftermarket. Would an OEM cable be different, other than the $$$. I am ok to spend the $165.00 the Ford dealer wants instead of the $50 from Parks if it will fix the problem. I asked the parts person at Ford and he could not tell if it come with a new quadrant? Could this be the issue. One of our techs has been looking on ITN and there was one post about making sure the cable was routed on the lower part of an engine mount vs the upper part???

What is the SN-95 is that for a newer model Stang? Mines a 93