Clutch woes, please help

Dragstr05

Dec 21, 2004
Stafford VA
For as long as I've had the car, I've had the common squeeking T/O bearing issue. This started just a couple weeks after I got the car. I put a new clutch disc and pressure plate, T/O bearing and pilot bearing in, and 5,000 miles later the same noise came back. I was frustrated, but it wasnt too bad and the car drove fine, and the clutch felt good.

Shortly after, I started getting a freeplay at the top of the pedal, which comes and goes. I'm aware of the things that can cause the pedal freeplay and the T/O bearing chirp squeel, as I have read the entire ford TSB on this issue. I was just dealing with it until I got out of school and back into the shop, and was going to start from scratch and get this issue fixed once and for all, but now I'm concerned because there is a new howl or groan if you will, with the clutch disengaged (pedal to the floor). Put it in neutral and release the pedal and the noise goes away.

Anyone know what is going wrong here, and how long I should have before this really becomes I problem?

Thank you in advance!

• Sponsors (?)