Cluth forks, and scattershields...

dolfan87

Founding Member
Dec 28, 2000
Lake Havasu, AZ
Well since I don't want to pay $350.00 for a hydraulic throwout bearing (especially since I already purchased the JMC hydraulic clutch conversion) I kinda need to hear from those of you who have Tremec's and are using a scattershield.

What clutch fork did you get? Can I simply use a T-5 fork, or do I need to get something else.

Confused over here :scratch:

• Sponsors (?)

Yes the 87-93 t5 fork. If you're using the Lakewood shield, you will have to weld an extension on the arm (It's too short) I call this conversion project DNA (like Big Brother). "DO NOT ASSUME" anything will fit! The scatter shield will need to be trimmed here and there, the starter is an issue (use like a 93 t5 starter), the crossmembers don't always line up, the floor may need to be trimmed, the tunnel will need to be modified for correct pinion angle, you'll have to shim the trans mount, and you will need a new drive line. Just to name a few :)

Ahh Big Brother. Drew won, and obviously was using Diane.

That guy knew what he was doing.

Anyway, I was told that the 69-70 Mustangs don't have tunnel issues. I guess I will find out.

Right now I am at the point where I need to get the T.O. bearing, fork, pivot ball, and do the run in on the scattershield.

I was noticing there are no bolt holes for the starter, so I am ASSuming that I have to drill and tap my own.

I have yet to even purchase my driveshaft, so that's not an issue.

Thanks for the info.