Cms stage 1 cams Installed

kuwait

Mar 31, 2005
just got my car back from the garage after having Stage 1 installed , i can say the idle is pretty loud on my car , louder than i anticipated and quite chubby :D

the car smells strongly of fuel tho due to it running stupidly rich on idle ( i smell strongly of fuel now after standing 2 min by it chatting to the guy who installed the cams :D ) and i think it needs to adjust its almost dieing out on first start but its getting better , just wanted to check up on few things , first when i let the gass the car seems to just cruise at 1100 RPM and dont want to slow down , for example if its in third on 80 km/h it would just hang there , the engine shakes abit on idle but i guess that's due to its barely able to up and being all rich.

i gave the car one WOT run after putting few miles on it because i just cant wait :rolleyes: and it seems to have gained some good power all around.

and yes , idle video coming once i get my laptop working.

• Sponsors (?)

is the car suppose to be this rich , thought cams would actually make the car much leaner than it is , right now the car is just drinking gas down so bad if i just idle and watch the gas needle you can see if moving after a min or so :D

need to get this thing tuned soon or it gonna run me the cams install and price soon in gas :rlaugh:

is the car suppose to be this rich , thought cams would actually make the car much leaner than it is , right now the car is just drinking gas down so bad if i just idle and watch the gas needle you can see if moving after a min or so :D

need to get this thing tuned soon or it gonna run me the cams install and price soon in gas :rlaugh:
Yes it will run rich - especially at idle. Even tuned (which mine is and still is being) it will smell more like gas due to valve overlap expelling more unburnt fuel particles out the exhaust, this isn't really importnant as you're not trying to make power at idle anyways - lol.

Yes it will run rich - especially at idle. Even tuned (which mine is and still is being) it will smell more like gas due to valve overlap expelling more unburnt fuel particles out the exhaust, this isn't really importnant as you're not trying to make power at idle anyways - lol.

time to hook up a coil and a spark plug to the tail pipes? :rlaugh:

I guess I'm a believer in the PMS. Your cam may sound more aggressive than it actually is; my lil 534 lift cam use to cackle something crazy when it ran fat with the 42lbs squirters, until I tuned it myself. Now, once she's warm, you can hardly tell she's cammin.

I guess I'm a believer in the PMS. Your cam may sound more aggressive than it actually is; my lil 534 lift cam use to cackle something crazy when it ran fat with the 42lbs squirters, until I tuned it myself. Now, once she's warm, you can hardly tell she's cammin.

out of curiosity , how do you tune a idle of a cammed car? what do you need to adjust?

out of curiosity , how do you tune a idle of a cammed car? what do you need to adjust?
idle rpm - it's a really simple adjustment. If i'm not mistaken i remember mine being 850 or 900. Stock is like 500/550 which leaves the cam constantly almost dying depending on how drastic the cam is.

My rev limiter is set to 6500 too:eek: I have a camera pic taken by my friend while data logging of it at 6450 - but dont know how to upload it to online from my phone.