CNBC Reports 05 Under 20000 w/ 300HP

• Sponsors (?)

Different springs (and probably shocks and sway bar) up front to deal with the larger tires and heavier engine. I would also hope the rear springs an shocks are retuned to take advantage of the existence of a rear sway bar (which the v6 doesn't have).

Z28x said:
Yes it will start at under $20K (V6) and offer 300HP (GT $25K)

Between bad grammar, the grapevine, confused MBAs, and wishful thinking, I really think this is where all the confusion is coming from. New articles are saying things about how the '05 Mustang will be a 300HP car and will sell for under 20K. This doesn't mean the 300HP GT model will be under 20K, just that the '05 V6 will be under 20K.

JJZ109 said:
Between bad grammar, the grapevine, confused MBAs, and wishful thinking, I really think this is where all the confusion is coming from. New articles are saying things about how the '05 Mustang will be a 300HP car and will sell for under 20K. This doesn't mean the 300HP GT model will be under 20K, just that the '05 V6 will be under 20K.

That's the most sensible thing I've heard on this subject.

66Satellite said:
Ok so I have:

$1000 for the V8
$300 for beefier brakes
$300 for dual exhaust
$500 for a beefier tranny
$300 for beefier rear end
$300 for misc suspension bits...
I think the 17" wheels will be fine--or are the base wheels 16"? Heck, I'd take 15" steel cop wheels and swap 'em later.

So that's $2700. These are very rough gestimates of course...

The new GT brakes probably require 17 inch wheels. There is no way 15s would work. Plus, you need to double all of your prices.

Ah.. Dreams........ If that was the case, my car would be sold in a second... and I would be more than willing to add all the after market crap I want as I could afford it... Seats, stereo, rims and tires, performance mods, body kit, ect... That would be as close to a kit car as I could wish for. Heck I don't think my wife would try to kill me either!!! But... Once again, dreaming. :drool: