Cobalt SS....

Oh really, lol !

99% of FWD tuners around my way WILL NOT race from a dig, because most know a low 13 at the track is more like 14s on the street but you will hear a **** load of talk like "hey man you want to go from a Roll" :nonono: !

Most bolt on PI GTs go no faster than mid 13s. Your car is one of the faster ones I've seen around. Off topic, but any weight reduction?

And when I say "most", I'm not talking about the 100 or so folks with PI GTs who stay on Stangnet 22 of the 24 hours in a day, go to the track 3 weekends of the month, know exactly which brand CAI to add, which parts to take off to reduce weight, how to do the J-Mod (which I need to do), how exactly to launch the car, which tires result in the best short time, etc, etc (guilty of all of the above). "Most" Mustangs that are raced at the track have a CAI, H-pipe, 245/45-17 street tires, and a driver that has made <20 passes at the strip. Now I'm not knocking anyone that falls in that category; I was in that description for a long time. But that's how "most" Mustangs are, and those ones don't run any faster than mid 13s, and normally aren't out of the 14s.

And yes, NEVER race a ricer from a roll. They will normally eat you alive, especially if they are turboed. I've seen high 13/low 14 second imports trapping 110+. :eek:

• Sponsors (?)

Stock/average PI Mustang = low 14s or high 13s on a good day.
Basic modded PI Mustang = mid 13s on a good day.
S/Ced Cobalt SSwith a pulley and driver = mid-high 13s all day long
I'm sure the turboed SSes are even faster than that.
Bolt-on/minor upgrade SRT-4s go low 13s easy.

Don't think I'm sticking up for the imports or bashing the Mustang, as I'd never have it any other way that I do right now, but credit has to be given to these cars. I've seen more Mustangs lose to a Cobalt SS than win.
Hmmmm, you gotta be more specific than lightly modded or modded.
These cars aren't meant to grip the road like the mustangs are, anybody worth there weight in salt knows if all you want is racing from a roll, your traction is terrible. Don't get me wrong, you can make any of these cars stupid fast w/time and income, but GMC knows that these cars weren't mean't to drag right out of the box, Damn car looks like a fish bowl w/a spoiler, in fact it reminds of the old school AMC Pacer:nonono::rlaugh:. Yea I give it to the Subaru's, the Dodge SRT-4's, and Cobalts SS's for trying, but again my "Beef," is w/the freakin Lexus's, Lambos, Ferrari's and so on and so forth. Leave these s**ts alone and go for the 5 to 6 hundred thousand dollar cars. Why in the hell did Chevy put a supercharger on a 4 cylinder engine when they could have made more money and drop the costs of the Camaro and for maybe a grand more make the F/I standard on the Camaro. Waste of an S/C. Then they would able to compete w/the 11 Gt Stang.:shrug:
If wanna be great beat one of these sun of'a guns I mentioned, talk about stupid fast.

Most bolt on PI GTs go no faster than mid 13s. Your car is one of the faster ones I've seen around. Off topic, but any weight reduction?

And when I say "most", I'm not talking about the 100 or so folks with PI GTs who stay on Stangnet 22 of the 24 hours in a day, go to the track 3 weekends of the month, know exactly which brand CAI to add, which parts to take off to reduce weight, how to do the J-Mod (which I need to do), how exactly to launch the car, which tires result in the best short time, etc, etc (guilty of all of the above). "Most" Mustangs that are raced at the track have a CAI, H-pipe, 245/45-17 street tires, and a driver that has made <20 passes at the strip. Now I'm not knocking anyone that falls in that category; I was in that description for a long time. But that's how "most" Mustangs are, and those ones don't run any faster than mid 13s, and normally aren't out of the 14s.

And yes, NEVER race a ricer from a roll. They will normally eat you alive, especially if they are turboed. I've seen high 13/low 14 second imports trapping 110+. :eek:

Maybe:D !

I see your point! Back when I was doing stupid things, I snuffed a V-Tech w/mods I think, from a roll. Darn car almost ate my lunch, all I had then was CAI. Sucker had people in the back to stablize the rearend, cheater. I've stopped that soon after I started seeing wrecks every where, Charlotte sucks when it comes to people's driving skills!:nonono:

Thought so. :D

I see your point! Back when I was doing stupid things, I snuffed a V-Tech w/mods I think, from a roll. Darn car almost ate my lunch, all I had then was CAI. Sucker had people in the back to stablize the rearend, cheater. I've stopped that soon after I started seeing wrecks every where, Charlotte sucks when it comes to people's driving skills!:nonono:

Oh dang, didn't realize you were in NC. I'm in Raleigh most of the year.

And your point would be?
Only that you're wrong.

Its only 260 Hp w/supercharger
Did you read my posts or just day dream of pwning ferrari's and ZR1's?

Once again, a modified/bolt-on PI mustang shouldn't have any trouble with a STOCK SUPERCHARGED COBALT SS. But a MODIFIED SUPERCHARCHED COBALT SS might surprise you.

Since you've apparently been living under a rock, then you're not aware that GM scrapped the mini-eaton for a turbo a couple years back, and those things are a bit quicker. Most of them with just GM stage 1 and a few supporting mods are running mid 13's. A little suspension work and some sticky tires, and you have yourself a 12 second Cobalt.

I'm telling you those cars might smoke a very average Stang
You mean, like a bolt-on PI 4.6? Bc there's nothing special about a new edge stang with intake, exhaust, 4.10's and a set of Nitto's.

but, anyone w/any car savy can outrun those cars in a PI mustang w/mods. This is not even worth arguing.
Really? Bc thats exactly what we're doing, and if you pull your head out of your mustangs ass you'd realize that I'm making a pretty valid argument.

ALL that aside, you're speaking on the basis of DRAG racing. Like it or not, Roll Racing is huge in our hobby these days. I personally don't like it, nor do I do it. But, put a bolt-on PI stang against a stage 1 SS or CSRT-4 in a roll race, and get your excuses ready while their turbo is spooling up.

I'm not a fan of the SS, but I'll give credit where it's due and I call it like I see it. And I've seen more than a few modded 4.6 owners walk away with their tail between their legs.

But you go on making ZR1's your bitch.

Only that you're wrong.

Did you read my posts or just day dream of pwning ferrari's and ZR1's?

Once again, a modified/bolt-on PI mustang shouldn't have any trouble with a STOCK SUPERCHARGED COBALT SS. But a MODIFIED SUPERCHARCHED COBALT SS might surprise you.

Since you've apparently been living under a rock, then you're not aware that GM scrapped the mini-eaton for a turbo a couple years back, and those things are a bit quicker. Most of them with just GM stage 1 and a few supporting mods are running mid 13's. A little suspension work and some sticky tires, and you have yourself a 12 second Cobalt.

You mean, like a bolt-on PI 4.6? Bc there's nothing special about a new edge stang with intake, exhaust, 4.10's and a set of Nitto's.

Really? Bc thats exactly what we're doing, and if you pull your head out of your mustangs ass you'd realize that I'm making a pretty valid argument.

ALL that aside, you're speaking on the basis of DRAG racing. Like it or not, Roll Racing is huge in our hobby these days. I personally don't like it, nor do I do it. But, put a bolt-on PI stang against a stage 1 SS or CSRT-4 in a roll race, and get your excuses ready while their turbo is spooling up.

I'm not a fan of the SS, but I'll give credit where it's due and I call it like I see it. And I've seen more than a few modded 4.6 owners walk away with their tail between their legs.

But you go on making ZR1's your bitch.

I'm sorry you must mistake me for someone whom dosn't like to modify there car. I really don't care one way or the other, simply put. Such passion:rlaugh:. Hey, I will take a lost to a ZR-1, no problem, b/c I know I could alway make my car fast or faster, ok, so they have turbos and? Turbos don't ensure a win. Sounds like they got you shakin' lik'a stripper buddy, piss in your pants when you see the Cobalt SS huh? I just saw one parked in a parking lot an hour ago,:notnice:, the car is not built for speed. The tires probaly would hook only if they were on fire. Hell you can modify anything to accept and utilize hp's, but that car stock is not gonna beat me, only if I'm drunk and high off of multiple drugs and alcohol. I know my car isn't the fastest in the world, but whose is, certainly not the cobalt SS, they really need to stick to screwing with the 6 and inline 4 crowd. Definantly gunning for the ZR1s. One challenge at a time.:D Why do I even care about such a moot argument. I'll probaly have to show you.:D:nice:
Yea sneaky, Born and raised in Raleigh, I go back like 4 times a year. Know of any 1/4 mile drag strips in Wake.

The tires probaly would hook only if they were on fire. Hell you can modify anything to accept and utilize hp's, but that car stock is not gonna beat me, only if I'm drunk and high off of multiple drugs and alcohol.

A day ago, I would have agreed with you, but after doing a little looking around the interwebz, I wouldn't be so sure. Apparently, the turbo SS's run 14.0 stock, mid 13's stock with drag radials, and 12s with intake/exhaust/tune, trapping 113+. And like a lot of the Mustangs I know, I rarely run across a stock 'balt SS.

Not disagreeing with ya, just saying be careful when you roll up next to one. It might surprise you.

Yea sneaky, Born and raised in Raleigh, I go back like 4 times a year. Know of any 1/4 mile drag strips in Wake.

I don't know of all the ones in and around Raleigh; the club at State goes to either Rockingham (hour and 20ish minutes south just off Hwy 1) or Fayetteville about the same distance away.

A day ago, I would have agreed with you, but after doing a little looking around the interwebz, I wouldn't be so sure. Apparently, the turbo SS's run 14.0 stock, mid 13's stock with drag radials, and 12s with intake/exhaust/tune, trapping 113+. And like a lot of the Mustangs I know, I rarely run across a stock 'balt SS.

Not disagreeing with ya, just saying be careful when you roll up next to one. It might surprise you.

I don't know of all the ones in and around Raleigh; the club at State goes to either Rockingham (hour and 20ish minutes south just off Hwy 1) or Fayetteville about the same distance away.

Sorry dude but that is bs, go on drag times the guys running 110+ trap have a **** load more mods the just Intake,exhaust,tunes,tire !

I wouldn't street race anymore, this is my only vehicle after a Douche rearended me during an ice storm:nonono:, on a bridge no doubt. Plus people in Charlotte drive like they just robbed a liqueor store.
:D Fayetteville:eek:Rockingham:eek: man NC really has to step its game up, one would think Wake County would have at least one drag strip.
Ah well, the faster these inline 6's and 4's etc... get the more I would probaly have to step up my game if I worried about them. To get them cars stupid fast requires complete engine overhaul. What I am really pissed about is the 2011 gt, Ford could have put that much horsepower in our cars back in 96 on up. 13-1 compression forged piston heads 30 lbs fuel injectors, What the hell Ford now the majority of us can't afford the fastest GT Stang Ford has had, I won't be able to buy one for a loooooong time. Damn Marketers.:mad::D

Sorry dude but that is bs, go on drag times the guys running 110+ trap have a **** load more mods the just Intake,exhaust,tunes,tire !

No, they don't, not the turboed ones anyway.

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Turbo 1/4 mile Drag Racing timeslip specs 0-60 - DragTimes.com
CAI, midpipe/catback, intercooler, tune, tires

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt ss/tc 1/4 mile trap speeds 0-60 - DragTimes.com
Header, midpipe, tune, tires

:shrug:

I saw some others on the forums I was looking at earlier going similar or slightly slower times (low 13s) with the same mods, depending on weather/elevation. I don't like it any more than the next person, but mod for mod, these cars (the turbo ones) are faster than ours.

But,

FWDFTMFL. :notnice: