Cobra alarm

• Sponsors (?)

i had the factory keyless system on my 98, i then got a clifford alarm installed and love it. the only problem is that if someone locks the doors from the inside without using the alarm and then comes back and tries to use the alarm to open it, realizing it already was locked, then unlocking it with the alarm the horn will go off and won't stop until i disconnect the battery. notice, its the car horn not the alarm so its the factory keyless alarm not the clifford. these must be intertwined, best to just get an alarm installed. my friend just got his 95 GT broken into, the took the stereo and cold air with MAF!!!!!!!! he had a ****ty alarm, it would beep twice if you opened the drivers side door, not go off. better safe than sorry.

SnakeBite98 said:
i had the factory keyless system on my 98, i then got a clifford alarm installed and love it. the only problem is that if someone locks the doors from the inside without using the alarm and then comes back and tries to use the alarm to open it, realizing it already was locked, then unlocking it with the alarm the horn will go off and won't stop until i disconnect the battery. notice, its the car horn not the alarm so its the factory keyless alarm not the clifford. these must be intertwined, best to just get an alarm installed. my friend just got his 95 GT broken into, the took the stereo and cold air with MAF!!!!!!!! he had a ****ty alarm, it would beep twice if you opened the drivers side door, not go off. better safe than sorry.
Put your key in the drivers's door lock and turn. This will turn the factory alarm off.

I put an aftermarket alarm in with starter kill, etc. I wanted a paging alarm and remote start.