Cobra Bashers

00BlackPushRod

Apr 11, 2005
Not sure if if any cobra guys have seen this video yet. :notnice: Some input would be nice from u guys before i go out and buy one. Do they really hate getting beat by cobras THAT much that they make a video bashing them. keep in mind all the cobras were stock and most of the other imports were modded beyond recognition...

• Sponsors (?)

Haha i just laugh b/c that video is so ****ty and ive seen the full clips of all those videos and usually the cobra races again and wins. And that galant got raped once blades cobra caught traction but i guess the guy that made that video didnt want you to see that so he cut it hlaf way through the race

according to nada a new gto msrp is 32000. I raced one in my 97, gained on it going up hill and he had a huge advantage. That was before the rear tires, and pretty much starting in second, after seeing that it was a gto. so he was atleast that far ahead where I could read the back of his car,with his foot on the floor, and I pretty much started in second gear. I'd race one again, it would probably be close, but I payed 12000 for my cobra. I wonder what all I could do for 20000 dollars? I'm gonna say blow his doors off. And that is just my car let alone a 03 cobra. Stock vs stock I wouldn't waste the gas, with a 97 but I really don't have that many power mods yet. My 2 cents, overrated! especially with a 6.0 L vette engine

Also something to think about since i started this thread, I guess its good in a way that all the ricers are comparing their rice burners to Cobras. So we are at least a standard they look up to. :D

Anyone who has been around for a while has seen all those video's before and most are modded whatever aganst the cobra. Cobra's do lose races, there is always something out there faster than you. When they start showing incorrect info with the video is where it gets me mad. :notnice: The 01' cobra throwing a rod and the GT blowing up and saying it is an 03'-04' snake is not cool. Like I said before, I'm sure this video is getting bashed everywhere it is shown unless it is a ricer site. :(

Warlock said:
What are the usual times for a bone stock 03 cobra with nitto's?
Having Nitto's doesn't seem to make much difference in track times as far as a bone stock 03/04 Cobra goes. It's all in the clutch release with these IRS equipped Cobra's, you have to slip the crap out of it to prevent wheel hop and apply maximum power without spinning/hopping... I managed a 1.9 60' with the stock F1's, yet I've never managed anything better than a 2.0 60' with my 315 Nitto's!?

The average quarter mile times run anywhere from 12.4 for a pro driver to 13.4 by the much less experienced.

U.M.

Thanks for the info UM. I have friend that has an 03 and says he has been to the track lately and is running 12.4 with no mods except Nitto's. I have a full bolt-on Formula LS1 and my car usually runs 12.0 to high 11's NA with ET streets but I also have a 100 shot of dry nitrous just in case. I am trying to get a few friends out tonight to cruise and think I may have to play whith the 03 to see what he has. I love any car that is fast and actually sold Ford's at one time. I have always complained about Ford losing the HP race but was glad to see the 03 come out SC'd and put down some good numbers. I really love the new mustangs! I sat on one last fall and it finally has head room and leg room. My old demo (97 Mustang) was difficult to get comfortable in but what a head turner it was. I like to tease my Mustang friends but it is always friendly. I really love the way the 4.6L sounds. But I have also been told that my LS1 is one of the best sounding LS1's around. Keep modding those Stangs or the Chevy guys will get lazy. I love the competetion. Gotta keep everyone on their toes.

Warlock said:
Thanks for the info UM. I have friend that has an 03 and says he has been to the track lately and is running 12.4 with no mods except Nitto's. I have a full bolt-on Formula LS1 and my car usually runs 12.0 to high 11's NA with ET streets but I also have a 100 shot of dry nitrous just in case. I am trying to get a few friends out tonight to cruise and think I may have to play whith the 03 to see what he has. I love any car that is fast and actually sold Ford's at one time. I have always complained about Ford losing the HP race but was glad to see the 03 come out SC'd and put down some good numbers. I really love the new mustangs! I sat on one last fall and it finally has head room and leg room. My old demo (97 Mustang) was difficult to get comfortable in but what a head turner it was. I like to tease my Mustang friends but it is always friendly. I really love the way the 4.6L sounds. But I have also been told that my LS1 is one of the best sounding LS1's around. Keep modding those Stangs or the Chevy guys will get lazy. I love the competetion. Gotta keep everyone on their toes.

If your friend is consistantly pulling off 12.4's with nothing more than a set of Nitto's out back on an otherwise bone stock Cobra then there's one of three things happening here...

1. He's a professional driver and should be doing this kind of thing for money!
2. He has mods he's not telling you about.
3. He's flat out lying.

Your full bolt on LS1 should be handing that '03 its ass if all he's running is Nitto's. I find that a set of Nitto's being his only mod very unlikely though...

These cars pick up so much extra HP/TQ with simple and inexpensive intake & exhaust mods I really find it hard to believe someone would add Nitto's as a first mod to an otherwise stock 03/04 Cobra? For less than the cost of a pair of Nitto's you can get a CAI that will add 20+ RWHP!

I think he's pulling your chain man, I say call him out at the track and make him back up that 12.4 claim!

U.M.

I was kinda feeling the same way about his times but I won't call BS until I know. I ran an 03 Vert last summer and handed him his ass bad from a roll but I realize the verts are heavier so I didn't think that was a good representation. When I first met the guy he had 2 stangs, one vert and another coupe 5.0 and we had both been drinking and he asked me if I wanted to run. I told him he didn't want any parts of my Formula since it is set up to drag race and has nitrous but he was hell bent on running me for $500 on NEW YEARS EVE!!!! His GF was getting upset so I assured her neither of us were going to go out and run that night. I did offer to meet him at the track any time he liked and take his $500 from him but that never materialized. Well all I have to say is I will have the bottle warmed up tonight and the valve open just in case he is sand baggin.

UMMMMM that video was a pile of crap :mad: . You know someone should teach these dumb ricers a little bit about cars and a little bit about honesty. At least all the Cobra vids out there that are of us spanking the hell out of them we list the mods for both vehicles win loose or draw. I guess its like fast and the furious where they need special effects to make the cars look like they're going fast. These fools have to lie and show more 99, and 01 cobras and hell GT's to make us look slow. There are some fast rice mobiles but when its all over to me its still an ugly looking, ugly sounding nonrespected POS.