cobra blocks

stangme

Founding Member
Dec 5, 2000
South GA
ok ... didnt they change the cobra block in 99 to a different mfg. 96-98 blocks / heads cast by the same co that do ferrari correct ... so is this the reason why the blocks cant handle the boost of 03'-04'.... people are running 96-98 alum cobra blocks way up there in hp ... i mean c'mon the feakin head bolts basically run the length of the entire bore.... so what is failing? yes i searched.. but most people want to repeat the same thing over and over ... just that they cant handle the boost.. never saying what fails on the block... we know the rods are toast because of the way they are made... and we shouldnt use hyper pistons with boost ....but what about the block? literally what gives......?

• Sponsors (?)

The Teksid block 93-98 Mark VIII & 96-99 Cobra is Plenty strong to handle boost. The reason its not on the 03/04 Cobra I think had more to do with cost not strenth. Another issue is that aluminum blocks let more heat soak through raising underhood temperatures and thats bad for an eaton blower. Now the post 99 aluminum blocks (WAP)are cast by Ford not Teksid but can still handle a good amount of HP. VT has them making over 1000 HP.

cobra block

droptopponynj said:
The Teksid block 93-98 Mark VIII & 96-99 Cobra is Plenty strong to handle boost. The reason its not on the 03/04 Cobra I think had more to do with cost not strenth. Another issue is that aluminum blocks let more heat soak through raising underhood temperatures and thats bad for an eaton blower. Now the post 99 aluminum blocks (WAP)are cast by Ford not Teksid but can still handle a good amount of HP. VT has them making over 1000 HP.

thats what i am thinking....