Cobra brake swap ???

dagenham

May 23, 2010
Duncannon PA
Has anyone used the adapter ball joints from Late Model Resto that allows the use of SN-95 spindles without having to use spacers to tighten up the nuts??
I would feel much better going that route that using hardened washers as spacers.

• Sponsors (?)

The Adapter you are talking about is for svo spindles on an sn95 control arm. Slightly different setup. At least this is what I think younger talking about.

Nothing wrong with using the spacers. They are in compression only, so hardened washers are plenty strong. I made my own spacers and they have been on the car for 2 years with no issue.

If you are worried, you can press in some sn95 balljoints, but this widens the seat in the arm slightly, so it's only recommended to change these once before getting new arms.

Can one of you post a pic of this? I've bought an 87 GT for a winter project and the brakes are horrible! I am pulling the 5.0 out and putting a 418 stroker in it, so I want to possibly change the braking system over as well.

Can one of you post a pic of this? I've bought an 87 GT for a winter project and the brakes are horrible! I am pulling the 5.0 out and putting a 418 stroker in it, so I want to possibly change the braking system over as well.

Of cobra brakes on a fox? Best mod I ever did. The car is much more fun to drive when you have confidence in your brakes

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

The Adapter you are talking about is for svo spindles on an sn95 control arm. Slightly different setup. At least this is what I think younger talking about.

Nothing wrong with using the spacers. They are in compression only, so hardened washers are plenty strong. I made my own spacers and they have been on the car for 2 years with no issue.

If you are worried, you can press in some sn95 balljoints, but this widens the seat in the arm slightly, so it's only recommended to change these once before getting new arms.

No, this is a complete balljoint that is made to fit into the fox a arm but has the shorter threads to fit the sn95 spindles without using spacers.