Cobra Brake Upgrade

N8Dogg98

10 Year Member
Apr 4, 2005
MN
So I bought the Cobra/Mach 1/Bullitt front brake upgrade click here and wanted to know if I need to buy anything else for it to fit on my car. The kit does not come with brake lines, and I was curious if my brake lines will attach without issue or if I have to order Cobra specific brake lines?

Thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

It seems like the 94-98 brake lines are different than the brake lines for 99-04. If the kit I purchased was the Mach 1/Bullitt do I still need to buy the lines for the 94-98 Cobra, or should I buy the lines for the 99-04? Thanks

The '99+ lines are different.

I would also recommend the braided lines as well, if possible.

GT

That still doesn't answer my question though. I purchased the Mach 1/Bullitt kit without brake lines. These brakes are factory replacements for the Mach 1 and Bullitt mustangs from 01 - 04. I have a 1998 Mustang GT, so do I need the 99 - 04 brake lines, or the 94-98 Cobra brake lines. I do intend on buying braided brake lines, I just need to know which ones to buy for the red painted PBR calipers w/ running horse that are off of the 01-04 Bullitt/Mach 1 mustang.

From what it looks like in the pictures one side of the brake lines appears to be the same between the 94-98 brake lines and the 99-04 brake lines. The other side of the brake line appears to be different between the two.

Thanks

call up stang suspension or go to their website and get their stainless lines for 94-98 cobra. i went through the same dilemma as you this winter. oh and the line fitting the screws into the hose is a different size for driver and passenger side. make sure to get stainless lines though because they do make the pedal rock solid and stangsuspension.com price is great and they fit great as well

That still doesn't answer my question though. I purchased the Mach 1/Bullitt kit without brake lines. These brakes are factory replacements for the Mach 1 and Bullitt mustangs from 01 - 04. I have a 1998 Mustang GT, so do I need the 99 - 04 brake lines, or the 94-98 Cobra brake lines. I do intend on buying braided brake lines, I just need to know which ones to buy for the red painted PBR calipers w/ running horse that are off of the 01-04 Bullitt/Mach 1 mustang.

From what it looks like in the pictures one side of the brake lines appears to be the same between the 94-98 brake lines and the 99-04 brake lines. The other side of the brake line appears to be different between the two.
Thanks

Exactly!

GT