Cobra Conversion Complete with Pictures

snowboarder1988

Jul 10, 2006
California
It’s complete! I bought this Roush stage 2 this summer and, after a couple months, I decided to give it the cobra treatment…on the outside at least. Here’s what I installed in the process:
• H&R Supersports (I removed all the isolators and made new isolators out of 1/8 rubber, check out the pictures)
• Cobra Front Bumper
• Cobra Rear Bumper (filled in the rear bumper with the help of “MineralMan’s” (sp) help. Thanks!)
• Cobra side skirts
• Dual Exhaust with no mufflers (isn’t even that loud with the four catalytic converters)
Anyways, here are some pictures. Enjoy! Let me know what you think.

Before.

roush001.jpg

In the Process

RoushtoCobra005.jpg

RoushtoCobra006.jpg

View attachment 404257

RoushtoCobra023.jpg

RoushtoCobra041.jpg

RoushtoCobra049.jpg

RoushtoCobra052.jpg

Roushtocobra094.jpg

Cobra028.jpg

Cobra038.jpg

Cobra020.jpg

After

Cobra049.jpg

View attachment 404277

Cobra063.jpg

Cobra065.jpg

Cobra066.jpg

Cobra067.jpg

Attachments

• roush001.jpg
    roush001.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 84
  • RoushtoCobra005.jpg
    RoushtoCobra005.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 74
  • RoushtoCobra006.jpg
    RoushtoCobra006.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 70
  • RoushtoCobra023.jpg
    RoushtoCobra023.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 96
  • RoushtoCobra041.jpg
    RoushtoCobra041.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 84
  • RoushtoCobra049.jpg
    RoushtoCobra049.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 73
  • RoushtoCobra052.jpg
    RoushtoCobra052.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Roushtocobra094.jpg
    Roushtocobra094.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Cobra028.jpg
    Cobra028.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Cobra038.jpg
    Cobra038.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Cobra020.jpg
    Cobra020.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Cobra049.jpg
    Cobra049.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Cobra063.jpg
    Cobra063.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Cobra065.jpg
    Cobra065.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Cobra066.jpg
    Cobra066.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Cobra067.jpg
    Cobra067.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Sponsors (?)

:rlaugh:

I don't see the point in 2v's with cobra bumpers or Saleen parts, but if that's what you really want, shoot for it.

I'd rather have the speed than looks. Nothing better than a stock-looking 2v with 500whp:p

most Saleens are 2V. i like the way my car is. if i had done the conversion i would have left off the emblems...but i didnt so they are on. i have a lil bit of power to back up the looks:D

I think his car look absolutly gorgous. Nice bumber

Well, at least one person thinks it looks good. Don't get me wrong, it looked good with the roush stuff...but if you ask me...the roush stuff makes the car look bulky. It just give the car too many body lines. I just really like the "cleanness" of the cobra parts, especially the side skirts. And yes, i know, it has cobra "show", but no cobra "go." Maybe sometime down the road.

Well, at least one person thinks it looks good. Don't get me wrong, it looked good with the roush stuff...but if you ask me...the roush stuff makes the car look bulky. It just give the car too many body lines. I just really like the "cleanness" of the cobra parts, especially the side skirts. And yes, i know, it has cobra "show", but no cobra "go." Maybe sometime down the road.

yeah, the roush kit has always looked nice - but just too much going on. The cobra kit is sleek and sexy, i like that u went back to a stock gas cover too. Ignore the hate, it's a beautiful car. And it's not like it's a Fobra, youre not using any insignia

The car looks nice but I would never do that to a Roush. I personally think that defeats the purpose of owning one. You should've just gotten a GT instead; I bet you would've saved a lot of money as well.

I don't see the point in 2v's with cobra bumpers or Saleen parts, but if that's what you really want, shoot for it.

I'd rather have the speed than looks. Nothing better than a stock-looking 2v with 500whp:p

Speed AND looks FTW

sooooo instead of buying a GT and doing this, you did it to a true Roush? Couldn't you have done a straight up trade for an 99/01 cobra instead?

Sorry, but that was a really stupid waste, yes it LOOKS NICE, but what you wasted :nonono:

Keep the stock parts cause if you ever want to sell it you will not get anything without the real parts.

It looks great man. Really clean, looks like a fun project.

But, I have to agree with some of the other guys. I wouldnt have done that to a true Roush, they arent common and are definatly special cars.