Cobra Conversion Complete with Pictures

• Sponsors (?)

Looks nice....but I have to add that it looked better as a Roush. I feel a little disgusted at the fact that a Roush was ruined...:notnice: Why didn't you just sell it and buy a cheaper GT to do that too...you just ruined the value of your Roush.

Its like buying a vintage Babe Ruth card and scratching out the "e" and drawing in a "y" cuz its funny. Hope you at least saved all the parts and didn't do any permanent altering of the car.

Not trying to hate on you....but I don't get it.

id also have left it a roush, but its your whip. 03/04 cobra's are badass too.

im thinking you dont care about re-sale value. so, screw saving the parts for re-sale later, sell them on ebay soon instead, get some dough back, and put some speed parts on now.

are you going to get the cobra spoiler? wingless looks good, but im a fan of the cobra spoiler.

Looks nice....but I have to add that it looked better as a Roush. I feel a little disgusted at the fact that a Roush was ruined...:notnice: Why didn't you just sell it and buy a cheaper GT to do that too...you just ruined the value of your Roush.

Its like buying a vintage Babe Ruth card and scratching out the "e" and drawing in a "y" cuz its funny. Hope you at least saved all the parts and didn't do any permanent altering of the car.

Not trying to hate on you....but I don't get it.

Fellow Stangnet Members! Fear NOT! No Roush performance parts were harmed and or sold during this entire process. I have stored EVERY part to convert this car back to its orginal "bulkiness":rolleyes: Yes, I was thinking about resale. And, yes, it was a real stage 2 roush.

Furthermore, I guess I don't feel that bad about changing from a roush kit to a cobra kit because I happened to get this car for the price of a GT. Right place, right time I guess.

I am sorry if I have offended followers of Jack. But, the way I look at it is...I have two very distinct looking sports cars.:rolleyes:

And yes, the painting was done by yours truly. It's not perfect, but it's not bad.

The car looks good, but why didnt you just buy a cobra if you wanted the look of one? A Roush is a sick enough car on its own. But your money lol. Like i said, it does look nice.

Well...cobras are upwards of 20 grand...and that's money I don't have. Like I said, I got this car with 35000 miles on it, for the price of a GT. I couldn't walk away from that...am I right?:shrug:

Personal attacks like this one got you banned. Keep it up and you'll be banned longer the next time.

yeah seriously.. shouldnt be tolerated. imo, you still got the parts, you got the car at the right price, AND you did the work yourself.. from what looks like some rough lookin pieces. id be proud of myself if i could do anything close to that..

sweet car, now where did u get those side skirts!??!

yeah seriously.. shouldnt be tolerated. imo, you still got the parts, you got the car at the right price, AND you did the work yourself.. from what looks like some rough lookin pieces. id be proud of myself if i could do anything close to that..

sweet car, now where did u get those side skirts!??!

Every part was bought on ebay. Yeah, I tried calling around about pricing for the cobra sideskirts and I believe that they are no longer being produced. :shrug:

Does that make me an idiot because I want to do the same thing to my 03 Mach 1?? I think it looks way better. More smooth. I especially like how u smoothed out the letters on the back bumper. I wanted to do the same thing, but didn't know how it would look. Definately wouldnt have my rear bumper saying "Cobra" when my car isn't a Cobra. Don't get me wrong, I love how my Mach looks now, but that rear bumper would make it look much better. On a side note, does a Mach 1 chin spoiler fit on a 03 Cobra front bumper, and if so, how does it look?

Every part was bought on ebay. Yeah, I tried calling around about pricing for the cobra sideskirts and I believe that they are no longer being produced. :shrug:

I haven't heard that yet. If they discontinue making the skirts, they'll probably still be produced, but in small quantities. You'll probably also have to have them special ordered by the dealer.

Glad I got mine when I did. :D