cobra convertible

bsquared

May 3, 2005
I recently traded a '00 GT on an '01 cobra conv. and I can't really feel the difference in hp that I thought I would. I heard from someone that convertibles were tuned down for safety reasons and I don't know if that is the case or not. I have ordered a K&N filter and housing but haven't modified anything else, yet. I was thinking of getting a chip or tuner but I don't know how much that will help. Any info would help.

• Sponsors (?)

Verts=Tuned down=nope....same as coupes. Maybe a split second slower due to extra weight of more chassis support but otherwise same engine, same power, same performance.

bsquared said:
I recently traded a '00 GT on an '01 cobra conv. and I can't really feel the difference in hp that I thought I would. I heard from someone that convertibles were tuned down for safety reasons and I don't know if that is the case or not. I have ordered a K&N filter and housing but haven't modified anything else, yet. I was thinking of getting a chip or tuner but I don't know how much that will help. Any info would help.

Thanks, TX. In your opinion, is there a particular chip or tuner that I should get or is there something for around the same price or cheaper that will get me more performance?