Cobra disk brake measurements?

• Sponsors (?)

puTTs said:
I was woundering what year cobras have what calipers and sized rotors. Also if the stock cobra 200? 13" rotors and calipers will clear a 15" rim. Thanks, puTTs.

Well, I can't speak of total specifics, but I do know that the Cobra has had the 13" rotors since 1994 with twin piston PBR calipers up front. The rotors became 13" Brembos in 99, from my recollection. The rear calipers are single piston and measure (I think) 11.65 inches.

As far as the fit on a 15" rim...I doubt you'll get a 15" rim over the 13" brakes.

Traveler said:
Well, I can't speak of total specifics, but I do know that the Cobra has had the 13" rotors since 1994 with twin piston PBR calipers up front. The rotors became 13" Brembos in 99, from my recollection. The rear calipers are single piston and measure (I think) 11.65 inches.

As far as the fit on a 15" rim...I doubt you'll get a 15" rim over the 13" brakes.

I kinda figured they wouldn't but I figured I'd ask. I have a '69 Dodge Charger that I'm rebuilding and wanted to change the 4 wheel drums brakes over to 4 wheel disk brakes. I figured Corbra brakes would be perfect since there large size. I plan on running 17"wheels in the front and 18"wheels in the rear, but I still wanted to be able to put on a set of 15"ers and drag tires for the strip. I've heard of people putting these 13" brakes on the old cobras(70s), they had to machine the back down a little to get it to fit. If I could see some pics of these brakes on the car and off I would know if they were going to fit my wheels(weld prostars). Thanks, puTTs.