Cobra Driven Randomly by SVT Management?

weldonGT

Jul 15, 2004
Florida
I bought my 04 with 48 miles on it. The dealer said they don't let anyone test drive the Cobras so I wondered how it 48 miles on it. When we were doing the paper work they give me a card from SVT that says that the SVT Management test drove my car before it left the Dearborn plant. Did anyone else get this?

• Sponsors (?)

SVT randomly drove the terminators. they put about 30 miles on them. also some dealer dont allow customers to test drive cobras unless they put down the money to buy one. the local chevy/caddy dealer here does that with Z06s and CTS-Vs

ya there were a couple of 04's at my dealership with window stickers saying something to the effect of:
"This car was selected at random and drive by SVT engineers and now has 15.4 (or something) miles on it"

I heard they did that with almost all the '04's, mine had 22 miles on it. Supposedly it is written down somewhere how many miles they put on the car, I did not see that when I got mine. I recall seeing that they put around 15 miles or so on them.

Mine had the same thing...and unfortunately it was driven from an Atlanta dealer to my dealer (320 miles)...so it was almost broken in before I even got to drive...little pissed about it b/c they told they couldnt trailer it...oh well

The certificate I got saying that they had test drove it mentioned a sticker on the window that stated how many miles SVT test drove it, but the dealer had the car detailed before I saw it so the sticker was not there and I don't recall getting the sticker with my docs :shrug: Oh well..

Mine had 24 miles on it, the little sticker in the window said they drove it 18 miles. Then when I got home I found this card in the glovebox with Colletti and Scarpello on it stating how my car was driven at random. Just something else to frame and hang in the garage.

I work at the Norfolk Assembly plant where we build the F150. They have people whose only job is to pick a truck and take it on a test drive to check for any problems. Management also takes them out also, but they usually just drive them home and run errands with them. It wouldn't be unusual to have that many miles on a new vehicle.

I ordered mine from the factory and picked it up on Oct. 1, 2002. In the glove box was the sticker and the laminated card from Coletti and Scarpello saying that it was checked out on the Ford test track and that it passed muster, so to speak.

To me, it is a nice thing to have. It enhances the value of the car, maybe not monetarily, but at least for my own satisfaction in knowing that the Top Dogs put their seal of approval on it.

:flag: :nice:

if anyone read about the teal 93 cobra on ebay with 90 miles on it, the story that went with it was that it came from the factory with 78, and 3 owners later, now has 90. that was the first time i heard of randow quality testing from ford, but i have heard of many cases since then, so im very sure its legit.

Mine had it too...of course the dealer drove mine from 250 miles away, but i also got a card saying it was randomly chosen by SVT...quality control is exactly the reason, yet mine still had a busted ABS sensor when I picked it up...nothing else major (so far, crossing fingers) b/c i plan on swapping the pulley and chip in the near future...