Cobra emblems on a non-Cobra

Personally- i would not. I like to stick with what the car is, was and came with. If its 5.0 badges-then so be it.
When in doubt about this question, Ask yourself-Would you slap 5.0's on a 4 cylinder LX, Just because it shares the name MUSTANG.

• Sponsors (?)

to me i have bigger fish to fry than the emblems on a car. 5L5 if you built that car i think the honest last thing that id look at would be the emblems. if it floats your boat, then to hell with what other people think. are your plans to auto x allot or just for ride quality? what are the expectations you have for the cobra IRS. ive been reading allot about them on corral. how hard is it to get it all right and welded up.?

Im completely against putting Cobra badges on a non-cobra car maybe because I used to own one and people always assumed it was a fake because everyone does this. If it's a Legit cobra it should have badges otherwise. no. imho

Hey as mentioned it is YOUR car and it really doesn't matter what others think. But since you are asking, I wouldn't put the snake on. It's been done and done and done.... Clean will always look good. Now if you need a badge - somebody mentioned the SVT badge on the back - how about no badge on the back just SVT where the 5.0 emblems would've been. Attached is a photoshopped quickie pic of an LX with SVT emblems and emblems that are available. Sorry the pic is small, doing this on my lunch real quick but you should get the idea.

J

It will be more bad ass than any 93 Cobra ever was. It really wont matter if its a real Cobra or not. Maybe make some magnet emblems that you can put on or take off at any time. It will shut up the haters.

It will be more bad ass than any 93 Cobra ever was. It really wont matter if its a real Cobra or not. Maybe make some magnet emblems that you can put on or take off at any time. It will shut up the haters.

So by your definition, if i have a Mustang that's faster than a Corvette, can i put Z06 emblems on it since it's more bad ass?

In a way i think if you were to put a Cobra engine in a car, it kinda makes sense. If you were to put a Terminator engine in a fox body and then put Cobra badges on it, that's kinda cool, but just slapping the badges on a modded out GT is silly.

Absolutley!!!!!!!!!! well stated.....
i dont know-If you guys relaize this but terminator guys laugh there ass-es off when they see a fox thats not a real 93 SVT cobra sporting cobra emblems. :shrug: be PROUD of what you got :nice: Trust me as well, ya know how many termi guys admire a real nice FOX.....

So by your definition, if i have a Mustang that's faster than a Corvette, can i put Z06 emblems on it since it's more bad ass?

In a way i think if you were to put a Cobra engine in a car, it kinda makes sense. If you were to put a Terminator engine in a fox body and then put Cobra badges on it, that's kinda cool, but just slapping the badges on a modded out GT is silly.

I shoulda put a smiley in my post. It was somewhat of a joke.

Im not really for building faleens or having Cobra emblems on non Cobra cars, but building a Terminator Fox would be pretty sweet, it'd be almost a "theme" for the car.

I do have a SRT8 Neon and a ZR1 Corsica for sale though.

Don't get me wrong, i can appreciate a well built clone. I like to see clean Cobra clones just because you don't see the real thing very often.

I guess i'm just a little traditional. Even if a Cobra isn't the fastest thing out there, i just hold the badge to a certain level of respect. There's a mystique about it that you just can't get by slapping emblems on a car.

The only people impressed by putting Cobra badges on a non-Cobra are people whose opinion doesn't matter. A lot of those that would be interested in your car would think less of it if you did put them on.

Personally, I've never seen the attraction of putting the wrong badges on a car. A snake on the fender doesn't make it a Cobra, an SVT emblem doesn't mean the engine was hand-built by two craftsmen and a "SALEEN" windshield banner doesn't make it a Saleen.

All that said, do what you want. It is your car.

no badges, with the blower whine coming from your car=bad ass!! your car is going to sound and look mean, it's not going to need anything on it. that said some ghost in snakes like the ones mentioned would be tasteful also.

Absolutley!!!!!!!!!! well stated.....
i dont know-If you guys relaize this but terminator guys laugh there ass-es off when they see a fox thats not a real 93 SVT cobra sporting cobra emblems. :shrug: be PROUD of what you got :nice: Trust me as well, ya know how many termi guys admire a real nice FOX.....
I am a Termi owner and snakes on a Fox dont make me laugh, a Fox on 22s makes me laugh :rlaugh:
Its more common to se 94-98 V6 and GTs with little worms on them then it is to see Foxes with them :shrug:

That being said, Mike I think you should go badgeless. Or the "4.6 Supercharged" emblem if you wana show it off :nice:

no.gif

Guy's i'm really not contemplating putting them on my car. It was more or less a "what if" scenario. I do have a set of snakes, but i was thinking of tossing them on a Jetski for the fun of it ;)

For the time being, my 5.0 has 5.0 emblems..and that's what's staying on it.

I only started this thread because I am against Cobras on a non-cobra...but running that Combo through my head kinda made me wonder.

are your plans to auto x allot or just for ride quality? what are the expectations you have for the cobra IRS. ive been reading allot about them on corral. how hard is it to get it all right and welded up.?

I want to do the IRS because after driving IRS cobras, i like how the car rides over rough new england roads...especially in a hard turn on uneven pavement.

I might AutoX the car, but i'm not building it for any specific reason. I just want something absolutely badass to pull out of the garage and ride around town with.

I contemplated selling both my Mustangs and picking up a Terminator and calling it a day, but i have sentimental attachement to my 5.0. It was my first car and the car i drove during HS. I have a ton of memories with friends in it growing up, so i don't want to ditch it. Also, i'm a mechanical engineer..and like to tinker, so i thought it would be a great idea to just build my own Terminator. I'm finally coming to a point of financial excess where I can afford to do such a thing....assuming this tanking economy doesn't deplete my savings in an effort to stay out of the soup lines :(

But if anyone in MA knows of an IRS for sale outright..let me know.

When in doubt about this question, Ask yourself-Would you slap 5.0's on a 4 cylinder LX, Just because it shares the name MUSTANG.

I don't think that's the same comparison though. A 5.0 emblem means more about the engine to me. So if i saw a car with 5.0's on it, i would think it had a 5.0 engine.

Now, if i had a 5.0 emblem on my car and only had a little 4.6L, it wouldn't be right technically either.

Eh i dunno..not really trying to make an arguement either way

You don't need cobra emblems to have a sweet ride. I'd never do it and I generally shake my head when someone does it to a stocker and scratch my head when someone does it to a nice car otherwise. But it's your car, do what you will