Cobra grille insert.....yes or no?

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I'm in a dilemma here. I have had a painted cobra grill insert ready to go for over a yeah...but don't know if i want to do the install.

I like the looks of a stock lx...which is why I am going to remove my saleen wing and put the stock lx wing back on,

But I don't know if i should leave the front bumper alone, or cut in the cobra grill.

Is a cobra grill still a clean subtle mod? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I say no. I's not a Cobra Mustang. Maybe if you were going to do a complete Cobra clone, it might make sense. The stock LX nose looks good. IMHO, better than the GT nose too. Do you have to cut the LX nose to install the Cobra grille?

But nothing of the grill screams cobra. It just has a running pony in it. It is still a mustang.

I doubt the strictest of purists would ever think I am trying to pull off a cobra clone. I just prefer the pony in the grill.

However, you bring up one of the major reasons i don't want to do it. Inhave to cut my stock lx bumper. It's an original ford bumper, so i don't want to cut it and then hate it and have to change bumpers to fix it.

With that said, anyone ever put one on and regret it?

i love mine. then again, i think they look 100x better than the solid GT bumper.

i think they look awesome on LX's. it is a very subtle mod. most non-mustang people probably won't even realize it's an add-on and it's enough of a change to stand out a little amongst other LX's.

I was going to do it when I had the car apart for my resto project. I started looking at tons of pics and was ready to pull the trigger. I got busy doing some other stuff and then went back to the pics one more time just to make sure and I didn't feel it anymore, glad I did that and didn't do any damage. It was one of those things that faded quick for me. I started looking at some really clean stock cars and decided it would look nice stock with the bumper all painted + I didn't want to cut up my NOS bumper, good ones are hard to find.