cobra guage cluster

I am fixing to buy a cobra gauge cluster. I am wondering if it will fit in and I won't have to do anything. also I am wondering if the gauges will be right because I have white face gauges now and all the needles are off. If any one knows about this let me.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

tangerine:

I can't help much but the Cobra speedo is calibrated to a higher speed (160 mph?) and the tach redline is higher (7000 rpm?). The shop manual shows the same physical connections on both gauges so a Cobra cluster will fit. I have seen old posts where others have swapped the gauge cluster. It is usually not done due to cost (compared to a white face gauge kit or overlay). Lastly, your parts supplier (Ford counter or one of the big Mustang parts places) can tell you for certain if the new cluster will fit and how to get the mechanical odometer set to your actual mileage. If you don't want to mess with the odometer, you need to get a form or affadavit from the license office to document the change.

In my experience, Cobra parts are pricier than GT parts. It might be more cost effective to get a replacement GT cluster and an overlay kit (the kind that slips over the needles).