Cobra insert without running horse?

strattoc

Jan 8, 2011
Cali
I just bought the cobra grille insert and I discovered it didnt come with the running horse emblem. I'm actually happy with that because I love the insert but it seems like the running horse is as popular as cobra wheels and I want to be a bit different, although I know this is near impossible.

My idea is to just cut off the emblem mounting post and have a smooth grille. I've looked at pics of the lx front with the grille delete and it looks amazing, I would get rid of my gt body kit in favor of that any day. I've only seen one picture of this and cant find it now. but I photochopped someone elses car hope no one gets mad at me. Also I think it would look ok with the ford emblem but if I cut the post its the point of no return lol.

Attachments

• BobsPics22.jpg
    BobsPics22.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 331
  • BobsPics221.jpg
    BobsPics221.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 249
  • Sponsors (?)

Def not a fan of the missing pony. Looks like something is........missing. Its your car and if you want to do it, who really cares what I or anyone else thinks. I just personally think it looks out of place without a pony, doesnt look bad, just looks better with emblem there.

I think it looks good either way. That purple LX bumper looks terrible IMO tho. I like the grill on it, but the rest of the bumper is all wrong smoothed

I think Im gonna do the smoothed out way, I like the clean look. And if I dont like it I can always just get another insert. gonna go out tonight and get the stuff to do it with and I'll post some pics later. You guys are right though it is my car, but I did ask for opinions, so thanks everyone.

I have seen ford emblems with red, black, etc. background instead of traditional blue. There are a few different sites you can get these. Been a while since I have looked at them, I dont remember where. I think it would be cool if you got one that had a red background (match the car). It wouldn't look like something was missing, but it would still kinda blend in and look pretty smooth I think.

I realize you already went forward with the plan, but just my two cents if anyone else is considering or maybe some food for thought to inspire something else.

Good luck, either way, nice fox!

I have seen ford emblems with red, black, etc. background instead of traditional blue. There are a few different sites you can get these. Been a while since I have looked at them, I dont remember where. I think it would be cool if you got one that had a red background (match the car). It wouldn't look like something was missing, but it would still kinda blend in and look pretty smooth I think.

I realize you already went forward with the plan, but just my two cents if anyone else is considering or maybe some food for thought to inspire something else.

Good luck, either way, nice fox!

His car is white