cobra intake

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not so certain as the '93 Cobra intakes have EGR built into the tb opening. I think it can be done but you would have to swap in the 93 style throttle body, sensors, and brackets. Do a search and you might find more specific info.

should i look for a cobra intake from what year that will bolt up without having to get throttle body sensor and brackets. also with the mods i have now: underdrive pullies, 3.73 gears, cold air intake, and f303 cam can i beat a 1995 z28 my friend wants to race but i don't know

you can run the 93' cobra and it will work fine. And if I was you I wouldnt get the adapter elbow. Just run the fox body set up. You will be much happy in the end it you do. It makes more power plus you can get Accufab TB and then just make a home depot cold air kit. Also getting a bigger mass air would really help you out. If I could do it over again this is what I would do.

Dustin

Whats a better intake, for 94-95 5.0? GT-40, Cobra Intake, Trickflow Street EFI, Trickflow Track Heat EFI, Edelbrock Performer 5.0 RPM II, or Holley SystemMax Intake Manifold or any others that should be taking into consideration. Money isnt much of a problem. Just which intake would help me most and in return give the best 1/4 mile time?

You don't show any mods, don't indicate your gonna do any, and haven't said what your goals are for the car/engine. For stock heads, the GT40/Cobra/Explorer or Performer style intake would be best, with the Ford family being what I would use. If you go to a head that flows 250cfm in the future, porting the lowers of the Ford or Perfoermer will make the intake flow with the heads.

I bought a 94/95 Cobra intake and had the lower ported so it should be comparable in flow numbers to the Edelbrock Performer. Go to the FAQ page and you can compare the flow numbers for all of the intakes and you will see the Edelbrock Performer is a great intake. I chose the Cobra because I liked the looks, I even polished mine up, and didn't have to use an adapter elbow.

tmoss said:
You don't show any mods, don't indicate your gonna do any, and haven't said what your goals are for the car/engine. For stock heads, the GT40/Cobra/Explorer or Performer style intake would be best, with the Ford family being what I would use. If you go to a head that flows 250cfm in the future, porting the lowers of the Ford or Perfoermer will make the intake flow with the heads.

tmoss is right. You need to have goals for what you want to do. If you want H/C/I you need to plan it out. Somethings work better with others. Look at killers combo. If you are going to do it do it right. You dont want to buy the same parts over.

Dustin