Cobra R brake upgrade

• Sponsors (?)

• Original equipment on 2000 Cobra “R”
• Kit includes Brembo® four piston calipers, rotors, brake lines and hardware
• This kit can be used to upgrade the front brakes on 1994-03 GT and 1994-03 Cobra
• May require larger wheels like M-1007-R189/R189C/F500/F500C

Where does it say they fit s 17" wheel???

Why did they run a 18" on the 00 R ??

Would like to know for fact the fit. (doubt it)

ok so i plan on running the maximum motorsports konig Villian 17x9s wrapped with 275/40/17 Michelin Pilot Sport Cups for track tires. does anyone know if my 98 GT 17x8s will clear them. i have the 5/10 spoke wheels. if i cant use them, i dont mind picking up a set of 03 cobra wheels and running cheaper rubber, probably a sumitomo for the street.

Red35th said:
He was actually my source. You might want to look stuff up before you get so sure of yourself...just for future reference.

Look, everywhere I looked nobody said it would FIT !!!!

Makes no logical sense that they do, your statement says Ford is a DUMB AZZ. Think about it..........

Not good slamming sombody if you don't know them !

It's not the 17-inch or 18-inch rim that is important.....it's the backspacing on the 17-inch or 18-inch rim that's important!!!

Hence a friendly reminder to make sure you double check before you purchase.

bdcardinal said:
ok so i plan on running the maximum motorsports konig Villian 17x9s wrapped with 275/40/17 Michelin Pilot Sport Cups for track tires. does anyone know if my 98 GT 17x8s will clear them. i have the 5/10 spoke wheels. if i cant use them, i dont mind picking up a set of 03 cobra wheels and running cheaper rubber, probably a sumitomo for the street.

Please don't do that! Why pay a grand on upgrading brakes, and lose stopping capablities by putting on cheaper rubber. You will just want to buy nicer tires in the near future. Get a set of nice used 03 wheels (easy to find because a lot of guys upgrade) and used the saved money to put some good fat tires on their. Are you racing this car at all?

Whatever you do, dont buy used stuff. I thought id save some money and buy a used set of cobra calipers, big mistake that was. Now im paying to have a bleeder screw hole retapped and I have to get new caliper seals etc. Oh and I spent 15 bucks on bleeder screws for the front calipers and I can only use one of them because of the retapping issue. :( I coulda bought brand new calipers for the combined cost now, ugh. If you can get a used set of 03 cobra wheels I would definitly do that, I have 275/40 all the way around and with the wheel spacer in the rear the car is so planted.

1ba96gt said:
Please don't do that! Why pay a grand on upgrading brakes, and lose stopping capablities by putting on cheaper rubber. You will just want to buy nicer tires in the near future. Get a set of nice used 03 wheels (easy to find because a lot of guys upgrade) and used the saved money to put some good fat tires on their. Are you racing this car at all?
Those tires are $300 a piece...unless you mean "cheap" by poor performance ...but I thought the Pilots were good rubber :shrug: Haven't tried them yet, so I dunno.

90RanGer said:
Whatever you do, dont buy used stuff. I thought id save some money and buy a used set of cobra calipers, big mistake that was. Now im paying to have a bleeder screw hole retapped and I have to get new caliper seals etc. Oh and I spent 15 bucks on bleeder screws for the front calipers and I can only use one of them because of the retapping issue. :( I coulda bought brand new calipers for the combined cost now, ugh. If you can get a used set of 03 cobra wheels I would definitly do that, I have 275/40 all the way around and with the wheel spacer in the rear the car is so planted.
Hey what size spacer did you use? have any pics to show how the wheel lines up with the fender?