Cobra ran off into the 11s again last night :D

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
Yep, sortof a last minute thing. 1st pass was right off the street and I shut her off and pushed her to the starting line..then when I fired her up I got a nice suprise. Engine heat, heat soaked the blower and IAT2s started off @ 130...MUCH higher than when I shut it off :rolleyes: So I get up to the line after my burnout...rev to 3500 and slip the clutch out and im gone. Granny shift it as fast as I can...as in making SURE im in the gear before letting off the clutch and back onto the gas...and the car pulls a 11.8339 @ 120.4. :nice: Not bad for the first pass!

So I let it cool down for around an hour and pushed her up to the line again. this time im behind a guy in a GT that rolled straight throw the waterbox and after his run they stopeed me while they mopped the water off the staging beam area. :nonono: . I get up there with IAT2 temps this time starting @ 115*s, rev to 4K and let loose.
Everything connects great and im really feeling the Gs as im fully letting off the clutch and onto the gas.....then as soon as that happen bopbopbopbopbopbop (wheel hop! :mad:) so I got out of it to stop it then got right back into it, slammed 2nd granny style....this time even slower since it was my last pass and I didnt want to screw it up...and hit all the other gears granny style and man it was making the car have a BAD hesitation between shifts as I got back onto the gas. A good 1/4 or more of a second of ZERO power after I shifted...caused by lack of fuel pressure as it releases all the pressure at pressure spikes above 80PSI.

Anyways car still ran a 11.8339 @ 120.6 this time....YES your reading that ET correctly. No typos...EXACTLY the same ET 2 times in a row. Hows that for consistancy :D IAT2s at the end of the pass were only 131*s... only a 16* rise :D

Rolled up there with a 630RWHP GTO, and a 740RWP turbo cobra....and I beat both of their ETs :rlaugh: They both had issues with shifting and the clutch....but still goes to show you that HP is nothing if you cant use it. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)