Cobra rear brake question

parchisi

Apr 13, 2006
New Mexico
On my '93 Cobra, I want to upgrade to the later model cobra rear brakes. Currently, it still has the stock varga calipers and has a 5 lug upgrade. I just want to know what all I need to upgrade.

I don't imagine the brackets I have on there now will work, so I'd have to probably get a set of these brackets...
79-93 BRACKETS, REAR DISK BRAKE ADAPTER, COBRA CALIPER, PAIR MUSTANG
Will these work or is the '93 Cobra axle different?

Also, I'd appreciate it if somebody could inform me as to what I need as far as brake hoses/adapters. I don't think the ones on there now would work.

I could probably try to guess as to what I need, but I'd rather try to make sure that I get the right parts the first time. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

i cant be a ton of help with the 93 cobra specific stuff. i think the safest route would be to use ranger/aerostar axles, with north race car brackets.

Save your money or spend it on the front brakes. The front brakes do 85-90% of the stopping. The 93 Cobra axle housing is the same as any 87-93 5.0 Mustang rear axle housing. The axles are 3/4" longer per side.

The 87-88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe used the same rear axle, the only difference being the quad shock bracket length.