cobra rear bumper on an LX

woob

Mar 23, 2006
Tahlequah, OK
this might be blasphemy -- just wondering if anybody has any pictures of a rear cobra bumper cover on an LX..

wondering if it will match up .... I've been waiting 2+ weeks on latemodelresto to ship my stuff due to the LX rear being on backorder. Thinking of cancelling that part since it will be on backorder for another week and a half.

tell me what you think.

• Sponsors (?)

how well does the double sided tape and whatnot hold up?

3M used to make some heavy duty double sided tape a few years ago, dunno if they still make it or not:shrug: . you could either epoxy the valance or use fiberglass resin. the fiberglass resin done right is the strongest imo but requires slight grinding to the bumper cover. if you want the valance removable go with the 2 sided tape. 3/4" wide is the right size i believe.

3M used to make some heavy duty double sided tape a few years ago, dunno if they still make it or not:shrug: . you could either epoxy the valance or use fiberglass resin. the fiberglass resin done right is the strongest imo but requires slight grinding to the bumper cover. if you want the valance removable go with the 2 sided tape. 3/4" wide is the right size i believe.

fiberglass is no scare... cool cool thanks for the answer...

it does look a little awkward, the lines of the cobra bumper are more meant to blend with the sideskirts of a Cobra or GT. Lack of sideskirts makes the rear look "fat" IMO. the molding is built into the bumper all the way around onto the 1/4 panels so the molding wont look quite so bad because the wheelwell breaks it up...

They still make the 3M. You can pick it up at any local auto store. I don't trust any of the epoxy though. Figured it would be a mess. However, the 2M works well. I reapplied all the molding on my car with it. :nice: